Dennis A
A
We are currently under attack. Lots of fake troll accounts are being created with obviously ridiculous names. Be very careful about who you follow. This is exactly why I no longer follow 0 spout accounts since that bot attack. Be safe. Report and block. 🙏🐳
05:27 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Wanda
A
In response to Dennis A.
Thanks for the heads up. I just looked thru the people explore function. Pretty vile stuff. This is why we can't have nice things.
06:28 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Eve_Gadgets
A
In response to Dennis A.
Oh lawd yes I never really pay much attention After reading this I took a closer look and saw a few, I reported.
06:15 PM - Apr 16, 2023
G.Stephen S.
A
In response to Dennis A.
Been blocking them too. Don't get why they are using such d-bag names either.
06:14 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Dennis A.
Tip: when approving follow requests that have 0 spouts, it is sometimes helpful to look at their “likes” and “replies” to get a sense of who they are.

If they have no activity at all, do not follow.
06:14 PM - Apr 16, 2023
ML Hart
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Same for me - egghead picture? 0 spouts even after a few weeks? no bio info?
I get introverts, but... I don't follow those. I do regularly scroll through to see if 0-spouters have started up (and many have)
It's a way of 'curating' my feed, I suppose. Cheers,
05:46 AM - Apr 18, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Dennis A.
Thanks for the heads up. I did notice one of those accounts in the suggested follows.

I may have to go through the follower list to see if anything weird has happened recently.
06:13 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Marshall Julie
A
In response to Dennis A.
Since Echoes are not tallied in our Spout counts I check all the zero-Spout followers for any Echoes.
06:13 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Roberta Calm-in-the-storm
A
In response to Dennis A.
Thanks. If legit new users would follow others, echo a few spouts, and send a few spouts, it would be easier to locate the fakes. The bigger ex-bird accounts, used to large audiences, seem to still be perching instead of spouting with the pods!
06:11 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Dennis A.
I reported and blocked about a half dozen troll accounts just now. Someone has too much time on their hands. What a sad existence they must live to have so much hate in them.
06:10 PM - Apr 16, 2023 (Edited)
Lizzy BOLDLY
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
I must have blocked 3 dozen. It was like going down a rabbit hole--I blocked those that followed me and those following them. Then there were more and I repeated. Gave up and went to explore and did a whole string of blocking.

Probably should have waited for suspension but they were disgusting.
06:15 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Marlie (Confidential)
B
In response to Dennis A.
Who do we report them to?
06:09 PM - Apr 16, 2023
MsFahrenheit
A
In response to Dennis A.
TY.
05:58 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Lizzy BOLDLY
A
In response to Dennis A.
Ugh, not again.

Some of them with bouzy's name and n-words were following me. It was bad when I had to block Hitler and Mussolini, but this is worse.

Also blocked the followers of those following me--that included the kkk and a k-slur.

WHY is Steve Marmel following some of these?
05:54 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Karen Dykstra
A
In response to Dennis A.
Wow! I just reported two in a row by looking at Explore, People, Scroll. I wonder if @Spoutible has people tracking the list?
05:49 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Mary ♿ Cairns
A
In response to Dennis A.
I've been bookmarking accounts whose spout I like until I have time to check out their account before I follow.
05:37 PM - Apr 16, 2023 (Edited)
Nicole
A
In response to Mary ♿ Cairns.
That’s a good idea. I really should start doing that. Especially since I haven’t had as much time to be here lately. Thanks for the tip!
06:01 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Connie Gidice
A
In response to Dennis A.
I've been wondering what is going on.....Thanks for the heads up.
05:34 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Kathy Wipf
A
In response to Dennis A.
Much appreciation for the advisory.
05:34 PM - Apr 16, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}