Peace Zodanou
A
Hello friends! For the writers among us the hashtag #WritersofSpoutible could use more love. How about a fun round of introduction? Talk about what you write and a recurring theme in your work if possible. 👀
I write mainly #mglit but I have some #YA on the side. My recurring theme is found family.
09:17 AM - Feb 10, 2023
David Stone
A
In response to Peace Zodanou.
I write satirical, pseudo-romantic comedies about couples finding their way through the occasional doldrums of marriage. I like to think my characters are people you'd like to hang out with in real life. My influences are Wodehouse, Waugh, and Nabokov, an admittedly strange mix.
12:51 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Kristina Mathews
A
I write #Romance . I have seven books published by Lyrical Press, an imprint of Kensington. I have 4 baseball romances and 3 featuring whitewater rafting. I'm working on a skiing themed series. I can't wait to interact with other writers on here.
09:18 PM - Feb 18, 2023 (Edited)
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
In response to Kristina Mathews.
Hello! I write #literaryfiction and #Nonfiction . I'm working on my first novel and a few short stories.
09:40 PM - Feb 18, 2023
David Hudson
A
Working on some short stories based around a character who is an occult PI or detective. Not so much Dresden or Constantine because he has no magic, more like can see things & his assistant, which no one else can see is, a spirit.
04:08 PM - Feb 12, 2023
sabaceanbabe
A
Hello, Peace! (What a wonderful name!) I've been working on my first novel for about 7 years now (it got derailed by horrendous anxiety following a certain 2016 election). It's sci fi/space opera, and the biggest theme in it is found family.
04:01 PM - Feb 12, 2023 (Edited)
Peace Zodanou
A
In response to sabaceanbabe.
Hello! And thank you!
P.S. I'm glad your sci-fi/space opera is now back on track!!!
04:39 PM - Feb 12, 2023
ML Hart
A
In response to sabaceanbabe.
I feel your pain. 2016 gave me a rage-migraine that's only starting to ease up - but I remain vigilant and activist!
Also have on/off relationship with WIP over 20 years - don't ask, it's complicated ????
06:54 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Jenny Crowdy
A
What a lovely idea. Hello #WritersofSpoutible ! My writing is mainly academic in nature (PhD/education based) but also working on my first fantasy epic novel. It's taking a long time to write but I'm very excited to share it once I have a first draft!
02:40 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Dunhillpage
A
I've just written my first illustrated novel (I'm working on the illustrations but the manuscript is complete). It's a memoir I once half-seriously promised my daughter entitled "Before I Was Your Mother'". I'll probably share some excerpts!
#WritersofSpoutible #WritingCommunity
02:26 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Sarah Laurence
A
Hi Peace, how perfect that you’ve found a home for #WritersofSpoutible ! Inspired by a family story, I’m writing a novel about a Jewish teen who flees Nazi Germany & finds sanctuary in the Dominican Republic. My theme: the high costs of antisemitism/xenophobia vs many benefits of welcoming refugees.
01:14 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
In response to Sarah Laurence.
Hello Sarah! Nice to meet you!
03:34 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Liza Bernstein — itsthebunk
A
Hi #WritersofSpoutible ! I write CNF and some fiction. I've written spoken word, poetry, monologues, and spent last summer deep in Flash at Smokelong's great Summer Workshop.
Themes lately? Disrupting the trauma-survivor-as-resilient-inspiring-hero-in-memoir trope.
Nice to meet everyone!
10:55 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Rayna Flye
A
Hi #WritersofSpoutible ! I write humorous spy chick-lit. I'm excited for my debut book to be published this year! I'm always drawn to themes of friendship, girl power, and politics. Nice to meet everyone!
09:41 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Jenny S
A
In response to Rayna Flye.
Oh, that sounds like tons of fun!
09:53 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Jenny S
A
Hello, #WritersofSpoutible ! I write SFF, mostly adult, plus a YA I've been mulling over for a number of years (and an MG that I started for my kids but gave up when I couldn't write it as fast as they grew). My recurring themes seems to be (1) how we turn to evil and (2) protecting one's family.
09:30 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Sredni Eel
A
#WritersofSpoutible
I'm not published, but I'm working on a YA dark #fantasy . Currently on chapter 14. Weirdly, I'm not sure where this story is going, but it may become a series.
Also a #cosplayer & #costume maker, draw pictures, and collect music.
09:08 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Kris Austen Radcliffe
A
Hello, #WritersofSpoutible ! I write #urbanfantasy #sciencefiction and #Romance . All my series take place in my home state of #Minnesota .

I have three #Cats , live with #EhlersDanlosSyndrome (the mast cell activation part), and love #glutenfree and #dairyfree baking.

Oh, and I'm learning #drawin
07:58 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Jillian David
A
Hello, #WritersofSpoutible ! In my Day Job I am a rural physician, but in my writing job I get to create #romanticsuspense and #paranormalromance books -- all incorporating medical scenarios to make the books realistic. (characters will probably go to the hospital -- or should...)
07:46 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
In response to Jillian David.
Hello!!! And welcome!
07:52 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Kristina Mathews
A
In response to Jillian David.
Did you do a workshop for Sacramento Valley Rose a few years ago?
08:41 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Edwardo Jackson
A
Practically need microfiche to find them at this point but I'd like to submit myself to the #WritersofSpoutible community. Novels published 20 years ago in romantic fiction, a few sold, unproduced screenplays. Best stuff is still on my hard drive - like many of you.

Keep up the good fight & MAZEL
07:40 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
In response to Edwardo Jackson.
I will not pretend to know anything about microfiche. ???? But I sure hope you make yourself comfortable within the writing community. It's so vast and diverse!
07:51 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Rebecca M. Senese (she/her/hers)
A
Hello fellow #WritersofSpoutible ! I write contemporary/urban fantasy, science fiction, mystery, horror, often all mixed together. Love seeing other #writers here!
07:33 PM - Feb 11, 2023 (Edited)
WardenAshfall
A
Hello #WritersofSpoutible
I am not published and have not really tried submitting much. I write mostly SF and Fantasy short stories because I enjoy storytelling and the craft of writing.
07:10 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
In response to WardenAshfall.
Hello! And welcome!
07:18 PM - Feb 11, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
Hello #WritersofSpoutible . I write literary fiction (short stories and working on my 1st novel) and nonfiction. My work focuses on feminism, disability, mental health and mental illness, art, and marginalization.
06:37 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
In response to ♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell.
Laura, I like the new profile pic! And the butterfly is showing on your profile now! 💛
07:11 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Deborah Kerbel
A
Nice to meet you, fellow #WritersofSpoutible !

I'm #Canadian and I write #picturebooks , #mglit , #graphicnovel , #boardbooks , {#id:67767#} PBs, #Nonfiction , and a bit of #YA .
I write on a wide-range of topics and themes, including #kindness , #STEM , #climatechange , #sel , & #Inclusivity .
03:54 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
In response to Deborah Kerbel.
Welcome!!!
07:17 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Edwardo Jackson
A
In response to Deborah Kerbel.
Canadian! What part? Love me some Vancouver.

Also, thanks for letting us handle that thang over there today... #UFOs #UAPs #Yukon #pewpew
07:42 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Ptole Thors
A
I've always loved dark fantasy, and I've always loved high fantasy, so I decided to write a mix of both. A recurring theme of mine, if morbid, is the various ways and means people justify, react, and understand death, be they of loved ones, enemies, animals, or beyond.
12:30 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Michael Karg
A
Hello, Peace! I write picture books and middle grade, always returning to animals, rough weather and home. Many manuscripts have all three.
#WritersofSpoutible
11:20 AM - Feb 11, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
In response to Michael Karg.
Hello Michael! Nice to meet you!
12:11 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Emily Keller
A
I write for my sanity. #journaling helps … also, I am writing academically for my field as well as for parents of me child/teen clients. I finally got my mojo back now that I have a full caseload again after Covid. It’s amazing how much my #playtherapy and #family work inspires my writing.
10:17 AM - Feb 11, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
In response to Emily Keller.
Welcome to the community here on Spoutible.💛
11:15 AM - Feb 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}