Myron Clifton
A
It’s really telling that so many white social workers/mental health professionals are quick to justify the murder of Jordan Neely in NYC.

Black folk been saying for decades that far too many social workers/mental health professionals are racist and seeing them loudly show themselves is something
08:40 PM - May 04, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
In response to Myron Clifton.
Evidence of this, are the amount of black, brown and indigenous children who are taken out of their homes and put into foster care vs. white children.

They are often never placed back with their parents and become victims of the system. It’s not so much about child welfare, but about race,
01:53 PM - May 05, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
In response to Lisse (she/her).
Yes. Perfectly stated.
02:00 PM - May 05, 2023
W Media
A
and quick to sometimes prescribe meds instead of taking time to check u out. 'take this it'll go away' 🤨
06:24 AM - May 05, 2023
Sybil (like the movie)
A
👀 As a clinical social worker, I will not tolerate that nonsense. They better keep that to themselves. I am not the one. Sounds like they're in the wrong profession. 🤬
09:28 PM - May 04, 2023
Wayne Brown, LCSW, EdM
A
I am a social worker, and this is the first I am reading of Mr. Neely’s death. I am sorry for your experiences with other social workers. Speaking for myself, I really make a deliberate effort to hear client feedback- especially on issues of privilege.
I am so sorry for previous toxic experiences.
09:11 PM - May 04, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
I have had to act as a bouncer a few times in my life as a bartender. Never once have I used a chokehold to subdue a person. I never cared if they were bigger than me, either… and I’m not a big guy at all.
There’s an over/under technique I use that protects me while also protecting the person I grab
09:02 PM - May 04, 2023
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
I'm not even surprised having been in mental health and white 💜♾️
08:48 PM - May 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}