Misha Ellison
A
Some lament "politics" here.
Some are going to hate this spout.
Maybe you.

Politics are people.
And many people are under attack.

You lament "politics". What a luxury.

What a luxury to not be among the people under constant attack. For you, "politics" is nuisance.

For them it's life and death.
06:12 PM - May 05, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
I don’t think people intend to be tone deaf, yet that’s precisely how they come across when they complain about “too much politics”.

Marginalized groups are literally in a fight for their right to exist, and we’re here every day fighting very real threats of fascism. We need to be LOUD, not silent
In response to Misha Ellison.
06:41 PM - May 05, 2023
Arthur Grupp
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Why i left facebook.
08:41 PM - May 06, 2023
Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
Marginalized people are purposefully suppressed. That is because of politics. Those that lament "too much politics" don't feel the suppression, but add to it! So...phuk 'em.
07:19 PM - May 06, 2023
Susan Simon
A
The best part of Spoutible is your feed is under YOUR control! Follow those who post what you want to see! Simple. Also, if you are not in the mood for politics over your morning coffee or whatever, then just scroll on by but leave the feed as it is to get a feel for the issues of the day. Choose.
08:24 AM - May 06, 2023
Edmund
A
Hear, hear!
05:22 AM - May 06, 2023
Chris McIntosh
A
If people think there’s too much politics in their feed, they can… unfollow people who are posting lots of political content.

🤷🏻‍♂️
12:14 AM - May 06, 2023
Deborah Winfrey Keene
A
In response to Chris McIntosh.
Simple!
08:13 AM - May 06, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
Spot on... desperate times call for desperate measures... I don't think I had "pros / cons on facism" on my 2023 bingo card, yet here we are.
11:35 PM - May 05, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
I think all people, myself included can be self involved, selfish even. This is the nature of life.

“Too much politics” is a values judgement. What I do know is this:

We are all struggling, fighting & striving to eek out the best life possible. Many have a much harder time than the rest of us.
11:26 PM - May 05, 2023
TJ 1010333
A
Good point.
08:08 PM - May 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}