Christopher Bouzy
A
We don't have a list feature yet. However, there are individuals who are openly discussing creating lists and/or groups to target people they feel are "aggressive." This is definitely not allowed and we will suspend anyone engaging in this type of harassment.
Joshua M. Dziba, PhD @jmdziba
Am not familiar with this feature, but just to understand, what should the feature be used for?

Or do you mean if one creates a list or group AND then uses that list or group to abuse those added to the list or group, then they are in violation of the platform's standards?
12:09 PM - Jun 17, 2023
12:49 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Lil
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Christopher, very tangential question: When we spot a hate account (like the racist trolls that have tried and failed), is it helpful to have lots of individual reports? Thanks
07:22 PM - Jun 17, 2023 (Edited)
Ang Darkstar
A
I really appreciate how you are handling things here. Folks are already making block lists. I have never blocked anyone here. I like conversations and even spirited disagreement. If I block folks I'll always be self confirming my own biases.
Thank you! I wanted to extend my appreciation.
07:04 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
Good Policy

I'm sure everyone here is familiar with the Paradox Of Intolerance

Essentially, that the one thing that any open/tolerant society cannot tolerate is intolerance itself. Intolerance will exploit the open feature of any tolerant society and kill it by dominating
02:32 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Brian Repko
A
I use lists on non-algorithm sites so that I can follow more folks and still have focus. But they’re subsets of my follows and not shared. Thanks for always asking “how could this be misused”.
02:20 PM - Jun 17, 2023 (Edited)
JeffCO
A
Thank you for clarifying. I'm wanting private, account-only lists, a sub timeline following a subset of people that I already follow, not anything that could be shared out.
01:39 PM - Jun 17, 2023
STEM TheBleeding
A
Lists are one of the most powerful social media tools if done right, and the most damaging ones if done poorly.

Maybe the solution is that when I add someone to a list, it instead sends them a request offering them to accept my invite?

Making lists 2 party consent.
12:58 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Buffalodavid AKA Stargeezer
A
Thanks for the clarification.
12:58 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Vee a lot of everything Happened
A
They should be creating follow lists to grow our site. I am not that adept at this point however🤪
12:53 PM - Jun 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}