Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/7
For nearly a year, we have observed individuals chasing after the next Twitter high. Initially, Mastodon seemed to be the promising choice. However, the initial excitement quickly faded. Then came Post News, which garnered significant attention from journalists who claimed it would be hard to beat.
07:08 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/7
Then we introduced Spoutible. Unlike its predecessors, Spoutible never experienced a surge of hype or lofty expectations as the ultimate Twitter replacement. Nevertheless, we had a dedicated group of supporters, and our user base grew organically. We had periodic surges, but never succumbed to hype.
07:09 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/7
The arrival of Bluesky sparked an overwhelming response, with notable figures like AOC and Stephen King joining. Due to the immense hype, many believed Bluesky could challenge Twitter's dominance. However, similar to the previous hyped apps, Bluesky eventually blended in as just another alternative.
07:10 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/7
Now, Threads has emerged as the new Twitter killer. Spoiler alert; it's not. Threads is merely an extension of Instagram, and the current wave of hype mirrors what we've witnessed for almost a year. Once the novelty wears off, one quickly realizes that Threads is merely an Instagram extension.
07:11 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/7
So, what is my point? The next Twitter will not emerge through hype. We often forget why Twitter became Twitter in the first place. For any platform to endure, it must first establish a foundation of devoted users and grow organically. The platform's culture ultimately determines its destiny.
07:11 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 6/7
I genuinely appreciate that Spoutible was never swept up in the hype train because fads tend to die quickly. Without believers in your vision, persuading others to embrace it becomes challenging. Spoutible's core users believe in our mission to create a social media environment free from toxicity.
07:12 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 7/7
We will continue to forge ahead, nurturing a community that extends beyond fleeting trends. Together, we will overcome any obstacles and continue building an inclusive and captivating community that fosters meaningful connections without toxicity.🐳💗
07:13 AM - Jul 06, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Oftentimes the best things aren’t the flashiest and most popular.
02:44 PM - Jul 08, 2023

Only followers of this user (happygolucky) can see their posts

Oneragga
A
It’s just Chatty ‘Gram. Which…. is probably a better name, now that I think about it)
. anyway, it took me about 3 1/2 minutes…(maybe even 4!) on there for me to dip back here. That place is for the kidz, Spoutible like Wu Tang it’s For The Children.
06:55 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Harry Minot
A
It’s bad enough that FaceBook targets me with weight loss ads and other effluvia. Threads would do the same thing. If we all VOLUNTARILY make a monthly donation to this fine place we can prevent advertisers from EVER annoying us.
06:23 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
06:18 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Alexander J. McKinley, QBE
A
I have tried them all (save Bluesky and Thread due to ownership issues) and Spoutible is the only one that feels truly welcoming.
It's not always the over-hyped contenders that win the race.
Slow and steady always perseveres.
05:42 PM - Jul 06, 2023
MauDebbie Williams
B
Spoutible was the quiet storm that the Whale circumnavigated 🐳 😎👍
05:27 PM - Jul 06, 2023
FanTam
A
My Twitter journey began with the Arab Spring. When the murders of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown broke my heart, #blacklivesmatter gave me hope. The bird app brought us together... until it strove to tear us apart. For money. For power. For hate.

Thank you, Christopher, for this new home. 💦
03:22 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Louise Marley
A
Yup! Very happy to have found a social media home here.

Still, it's challenging (as an author) to attract the readers I had on the bird site, to divert them here. Not giving up, but I acknowledge the difficulty.
01:36 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Karen Pierson
A
As the old saying goes, there are 3 options when you want something done: good, fast and cheap. And you will never have all of them. Best you can hope for is 2 out of 3. We appreciate you and your team taking the time to get it right, and we're with you.
01:02 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Thunderschnozzle
A
Beautifully said. Also, hype can catch you unprepared. All of these alternatives received a surge of attention when they barely had anything to offer the community. A surge of publicity + robust set of features (with bugs squashed) + a healthy culture are the 🔑 to a social media platform's success.
11:33 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Cheri B
A
Deactivated FB years ago, never had Instagram & will never again trust billionaires to do the right thing. It's SPOUTIBLE or nothing for me.
10:38 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Happy Cat
A
In response to Cheri B.
I concur.
06:31 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Lipsticktraces
B
You got it dude.
10:22 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Mamabunny12
A
10:03 AM - Jul 06, 2023
James K Jefferson Jr
A
Teach and preach!
09:57 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Schrodinger's Democracy
A
Kai Ryssdal - Marketplace on NPR - interview said he wouldn't migrate to another social if/when Twitter hit the wall - exhaustion at trying to rebuild his 15 yr base. I assume most reporters are they same. In your spare time (/s) it may be of use to think of a migration path to "transfer" here.
09:38 AM - Jul 06, 2023
allwen6
A
I've been here since day 2, I pre registered but couldn't get on day 1 due to high traffic. Being part of something since the beginning gives a sense of having weathered the storms and feeling the excitement as Spoutible continues its growth. Thankyou for providing this safe space
08:33 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Deborah Rodeheaver
A
Thank you, Chris, for creating a safe space for us. I really appreciate everything you do.
08:22 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Bev Turner
A
And this is why I'm staying. Now about those tricks? Thanks you, your team, and all y'alls family.
08:13 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Mary Ohlson
B
And I personally Thank You!
07:55 AM - Jul 06, 2023
3Cs
A
And we're here for it!🌝
07:51 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Cambomb
A
Love the environment and way people engage... just wish I could convince more friends and creators to come on over... maybe just a matter of time but sincerely hoping this becomes a main platform
07:41 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Dan Ehrenkrantz
A
“An inclusive and captivating community that fosters meaningful connections without toxicity.”

That’s what I’m here for.
07:36 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Mary C
A
I will continue on @Spoutible but I admit I joined Threads. Being cautious.
07:36 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Deb Ramos
B
Ty..for all you have done.
07:33 AM - Jul 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}