RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
Holy fucking shit y'all! The oath for anybody in the medical field (including Security) is first to do no harm. This pissed me the fuck off that these vulnerable people were just dumped by garbage by the Hospitals. I do hope this gets sent to the feds so they can take care of it.
‘It’s like I’m worthless’: Troubleshooters investigate patient dumping allegations - YouTube

John Boel investigates after multiple reports of patients being dumped out of Louisville hospitals. For more Local News from WAVE: https://www.wave3.com/ ...

09:54 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Marlie (Confidential)
B
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
Multiple heads should roll because of this! And that hospital should lose any and all funding until they make restitutions.
10:09 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Finer 1
A
This pissed me off so bad! 😠
06:52 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Mojo Democracy Lover
A
The disgusting people fighting against Universal health care are inhumane. People in dire health care need, do not deserve to be thrown in the gutter, lied to and dumped off, because they don't have health care, are poor or homeless.
10:42 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Josol
A
We can’t take care of our sick or our elderly!!! This is appalling!!!

I am currently looking for assisted living for my 90 year old in- laws. The prices are mind boggling. Not everyone can afford that! What are people supposed to do if they need assisted care. What is wrong with this country??
09:37 AM - Aug 06, 2023
M McC
A
In response to Josol.
I am 65. I am not rich. I think about this all the time. 💔💔💔💔💔
01:16 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Paula Beard
B
In response to Josol.
Democrats want to fund this type of health care. Electing a Blue Congress and a Dem President gets more money allocated to child care assistance, elderly care assistance, health care for all, and food assistance for the marginalized.
01:57 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Gee Cathy
A
“The moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life, the sick, the needy and the handicapped.” Hubert Humprey
09:16 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Arthur Grupp
A
Bain Capital/Mitt Romney philosophy! Profit over People!
09:04 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Abby Abramf
A
Goodness. This isn't right. Not at all.
06:24 AM - Aug 06, 2023
TriXteR Phillips
A
Horrifying. Heartbreaking. Goddamn.
12:42 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Friends of Pine Ridge Reservation
A
Kaiser has done it too. Shameful.

https://www.kaiserthrive.o...
12:34 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Point Loma Pam
A
This is all too common, nationwide. #PatientDumping happens too often in #SanDiego
Definition of inhumane.
12:19 AM - Aug 06, 2023
DragonM
A
In response to Point Loma Pam.
It is sickening whether transferred to public hospital from private or shunting patients out the with no options.
‘Patient dumping’ refers to both.

Red states all knew that Not expanding Medicare would close county hospitals, leave patients with no care, & millions would forced into med bankruptcy
02:36 AM - Aug 06, 2023
MaggieMae
A
We are slowly losing our humanity. 💔
10:45 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
I will not get the image of that woman lying on the sidewalk out of my mind anytime soon.
10:26 PM - Aug 05, 2023
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
Nobody will...and as many said...this ain't a Kentucky-only situation. This shit's nationwide.
10:30 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
JFC … talk about putting money ahead of humanity. What about “do no harm”?
10:18 PM - Aug 05, 2023
A
In response to Greg Dickson.
Frustrating part, the U of L hosptial system is a University run/taxpayer run hospital. Like the UPMC system here in Western PA.
10:22 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Jeff Russell
A
WITAF have we become?
10:09 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Jeff Russell.
We've pretty much always been this way, or at least for hundreds of years. Worse, even. Read about how poor people lived during the Age of Sail.

The real question is, can we ever stop being like this?
10:15 PM - Aug 05, 2023 (Edited)
just alex
A
I guess some on the right do still embrace the teachings of Reagan. This is exactly how he treated patients housed in mental facilities as Gov of CA.
10:03 PM - Aug 05, 2023
A
In response to just alex.
Yeah and these are the same people who thump their Bibles but don't even realize that the Old Testament says that mistreating the vulnerable is a big no-no.
10:05 PM - Aug 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}