Professor Kyle
A
I really don't get how people who claim they're fighting against bigotry say they wished older people would die. It's disgusting.
09:30 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
A friend’s daughter was called the n word and told “ I hate Black people” by a fellow kindergartner. I wonder where a 5 yo learned that? Btw, the parents of said racist-in-training are not yet 30. To expect racism to “die off” is delusional and privileged.
In response to Professor Kyle.
11:00 AM - Oct 02, 2023
HereForTHEEComments1
B
In response to Robyn Stewart.
It is delusional. White people today are behaving the same as their ancestors. The racism against Black people have lasted centuries, passed down through generations, so why do they think it will die with the old people?
10:35 AM - Oct 04, 2023
Miss Ann
A
It's not going anywhere. I myself was first called the n word in Kindergarten in 1977. I counted it as a triumph when my kids avoided that in their K years, 2008 and 2012. Here we are 2023 and reading about your friend's daughter gives me the same drop kick in the gut that I felt in '77. Smh.
04:19 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
It’s 2023. Clearly it won’t die off. Racists raise racists. Obviously.
03:11 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
The arc of the universe blah blah blah ... ain't no linear equation from left to right, and if time was all it took to defeat racism, we'd be there by now. The only thing that works: a 100% intolerance of intolerance. But you know this family has been reinforced by the tacit approval of silence.
02:10 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Andrea Billingsley
A
I see where and who taught that kindergartner; I want to know if said parents had a talk about what was said, how it made the other person feel, and when will the parents have the child apologize for saying such things. If a child can say that, a child can learn not to say such a thing
02:10 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
In response to Andrea Billingsley.
The child learned it at home. The parents refuse to meet about said behavior. So the teacher is left to address it. It’s no puzzle why teachers are leaving the profession.
02:22 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
No child should ever have to be exposed to hatred at this age. This is in response to what the young victim went through. Not the more obvious issue that the hatred was a learned behavior from someone under 30.
02:08 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Thee NW Mankiller Magpie
A
Started a reply, and realized that what I really wanted to say was that I'm so sorry your friend's daughter had to experience such ugliness so young. 😔
12:12 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
In response to Thee NW Mankiller Magpie.
💚
01:30 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Kat Schneider
A
Our son's Jr High yearbook has swastikas & death to Jews written in it..
An outage until the principal found out who the guilty kids parents were.. then a slap on the wrist & a reading assignment of 'Night' by Elie Wiesel..
These kids are now 30 😔
12:03 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
In response to Kat Schneider.
Hate is taught. It will never age out or magically disappear. It must be actively highlighted and conversations need to be had. Hard, uncomfortable conversations.💚
01:35 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Penelope Lowder
A
The sad thing is I’m not shocked that a kid said that to her. I’ve witnessed a white child say it sitting next to his mother. I’ve witnessed Latine and Chinese kids, same age, declare their hatred for Black people. I’m surprised when a non-Black child doesn’t hate Black folks.
11:25 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to Penelope Lowder.
I put my 3 year old in a nearly all Black home day care because the woman was lovely but I also because I wanted him to feel comfortable & familiar among majority Black people. We must find the ways to break the chain.
01:47 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Barb W (ν)
A
humans constantly disappoint..
11:09 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
In response to Barb W (ν).
Every day, I love animals more.💚
11:12 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Jeff Russell
A
It is really disheartening to see children being raised by bigoted stupid people.
11:04 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
In response to Jeff Russell.
Bigoted, racist, stupid people come in all ages.
11:05 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
💔 Absolutely.
11:02 AM - Oct 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}