Read aBannedBook
A
There's been some pet naming talk. Do you have a favorite pet name?

My niece has a cat named Margaret. I like pet names that are also human names.
01:11 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Dennis Clarke
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
Meet our gentle little man: Monsieur LeRoux.
09:00 AM - Oct 14, 2023
Existential Fashion Disaster
A
When I lived in an apartment with a bunch of people they proposed getting a cat.
I said that its name would be WeeWooFooFoo...
(short for Will Work For Food)
10:27 AM - Oct 04, 2023
StephForJustice
A
Dogs: Kai, Koda, Iris
Cats: Winter, Shadow, Stormcloud, Ripple (all nature-based names) and our outlier Alia named by our daughter.
Cows: Fannie (she came with it), Jasmine, Delilah, Jace, orange Justice (it was my son’s turn!), popsicle, Spotless, Tinkerbell, Aspen, and Luna. I’ve left some out…
06:29 PM - Oct 03, 2023

Only followers of this user (Ennuiater) can see their posts

Charlotte Athey
A
When we were adopted by our neighbor's cat (a big orange boy) my ex and I nicknamed him Cornflake, then found out his actual name was Kellogg! He went on to join our family proper so when we adopted two kittens we named them Porridge and Muesli ...or Mewsli.
🐈️🐈‍⬛🐈️🐈‍⬛ #catsofspoutible #cats
04:27 PM - Oct 03, 2023 (Edited)
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Charlotte Athey.
Wow that's quite the coincidence!
04:28 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Steven McDermott
A
This is Phantom (of the Opera)
04:01 PM - Oct 03, 2023
NorthCoast TerryMerryJoan
A
I am reminded of TS Eliots poem “Th Naming of Cats” from “Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats” -> cats have three names: one is “familiar”, one is “particular” & one is “secretive”. I would say their scientific name, the name we give them, and the name we will never know- their true name.
03:17 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to NorthCoast TerryMerryJoan.
I'll have to look that up thanks!
03:19 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Tim Graf
A
I don't have photos, unfortunately, but all of my cats have chosen their own names by some physical attribute or mannerism. One was called Diesel because he purred so loud you could hear him three rooms away, and one was called Ashes because she was a gorgeous ash gray color all over. RIP babies. 😔
03:15 PM - Oct 03, 2023
William Tulloch
A
In response to Tim Graf.
My parents replaced my sister & I with cats when we went to college. The first was a stray who adopted my father first, but Ma didn't want "that beast," so she was named "Beastie" (Ma loved her). The second was a calico who lost an eye as a kitten, so "Patches."
03:56 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
I had a cat I named Sooner. My parents wouldn't let me get a kitten until our old cat died. I was 19, he was too, when he finally did, I brought home a kitten the next week. "Sooner or later, we knew you would get a kitten"
Sooner R. Later 1975-1988
03:12 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Kathy Ann
A
My boys were both named after music by The Who, I’m a huge fan. Happy Jack (Bulldog) and Tommy (Black Mouth Cur/GSD mix). They are over the bridge now, I really miss them…
03:08 PM - Oct 03, 2023 (Edited)
NorthCoast TerryMerryJoan
A
One our dearest cats was named Oliver at the AHS. My daughter wanted to name him Mr Tumnus (Chronicles of Narnia) and it somehow became Thomas (or Tommy) which happened to also be the names of my Grandfather, Father, eldest brother, and nephew. 😹
03:04 PM - Oct 03, 2023
KevinC
A
I had littermates named Bill & Ted.
03:02 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to KevinC.
And they had an excellent adventure?
03:14 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Eljay Sixty
A
In response to KevinC.
I was hoping they had more excellent adventures than bogus journeys and had to face the music.
03:37 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Sally W
A
My last two late kitties were Durango and Sundance, little western outlaws. My current is Miss Lizzie, after Eliza Bennett!
03:02 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Rae Lyn Fox
A
Daemon here is named after a character in an Anne Bishop series.

When I was a kid, we had an English Springer named Sassy, because she was.

I also had a cat (technically mom’s but I was his other person) named Morgan after King Arthur’s sister. He was found at Renfest & orig. thought to be a girl.
03:03 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Ike K
A
I'm aware of two humans known as "Ike." they are General of the Army and POTUS Dwight D. Eisenhower and former Pittsburgh Steeler cornerback Ivan Taylor. My Ike 🐕‍🦺is named after the latter.
02:54 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Cindy Martinez
A
When I adopted my cat 6 yrs ago, I had no clue what to name him. For the first couple of days we called him Kitty or Baby. Then one night, I was watching Ghostbusters 2. I decided to name him Oscar after the baby Oscar.
02:52 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Eltee Ryan
A
I had 5 cats at one time: Barney, Fred, Wilma, Betty and Dino. It all started with Fred, whom I named after a man, and Barney, who my son named after the purple dino. The rest full into place.
02:40 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Eltee Ryan.
The Flintstones!
02:41 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Shogan and the Star Wars Cats
A
My first cat after I was married and my daughter was two years old. We all had a name we wanted for her (cat) so she ended up with Cocoa Mocha Baby Kitty.
02:39 PM - Oct 03, 2023

Only followers of this user (Lyrical) can see their posts

Sneaky Burrito
A
My current crew:

Pumpkin (Rottweiler)
Madison (boy cat)
Sneaky (girl cat)
Monkey (boy cat)

In the past the only cat with a human name I had was "Angus" and that's because I kept what the rescue group stuck him with because I couldn't think of anything else.
02:36 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
In response to Sneaky Burrito.
We also call Sneaky "Anger Biscuit" sometimes. She is a calico and has a fur pattern that makes her look cross.
02:37 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Michigander
A
Currently, I have dogs named Mac and Betty, cats named Neuman and Pumpkin. Past dogs: Sunny, ZuZu, Blue. Past cats: Cecil, Monty, BooBoo Kitty, Toby.
02:35 PM - Oct 03, 2023 (Edited)
Honorary Doctor of Sass
A
Prima
Because my mom sang in the LA Metropolitan Opera
02:33 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Honorary Doctor of Sass.
Nice
02:34 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Whale World! Party Time! Excellent!
A
I've decided to avoid human names because you have more freedom when naming an animal. Currently I have Smuckers (yes he's an orange marmalade cat) and Catorce (because she's my 14th). But in the past there've been some human names, like Tutankhamen, Nefertiti and Vercingetorix. 😝 #catNames
02:19 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Susan Cochrane
A
Our dog’s name is Fescue because she is golden in colour and we are golfers.
We’ve always named dogs in a way that captures their personality or appearance. Our last dog was a rescue. He was already named Rusty and it truly suited his juvenile and loving manner so we kept it. We called him Russ as
02:19 PM - Oct 03, 2023 (Edited)
Whoa!
A
My uncle never named the dog he found in a field. He was afraid if he named it the owners would show up. Always just called him "hey dog" or just Hey. We've had dogs named Zeus, Lycos, Oso, Shadow, Beavis and Eloise (Wheezy) and cats named Shiner and KiChi, whom we called Chi most of the time.
02:17 PM - Oct 03, 2023
k Broquard
A
Do any of you keep the same name for the next pet (after the first dies)??
02:12 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
We've had many cats over the years with names that simply came to us. George F. Stubbs was named for his stubby tail but also his tuxedo & spats. Missy Mouse was no bigger than a minute when I rescued her from a poker room parking lot. Felix, Bob's first rescue, became Bumpy from bumping his hand.
02:08 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
I had a neighbor with a cat named Mr. Reilly. One of my favorite names for a cat now.
02:35 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Deb
A
We have had Shelby, Puff, Katie, Cookie, Muffin, and Bobbie for our dog and various cats.
02:06 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Bonnie Jean Weinman
A
We have 3 cats, Mocha, Tony and Irving. I, also like pets named with people names.
02:00 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Diana Tyler
A
Sometimes we name them after their characteristics. One cat, seen from across the room, had a face reminiscent of a rhesus monkey. But (like our Mr. cat/s) she needed a title. So we dubbed her Princess Monkey Face. Our vet techs said it was their favorite cat name. She had a very sweet disposition.
01:56 PM - Oct 03, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}