King Lavender-licous
A
Help me understand the strong emotions against. It's a tool that's optional.
Devoted readers will continue to read. You may gain new readers as the AI summary is limited.
aaron @beec4240
02:36 PM - Oct 04, 2023
04:32 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
In response to King Lavender-licous.
Ai is bad for the environment.
05:45 PM - Oct 04, 2023
MonzaMayhem
A
The Spouter of the thread has lost control over their content. As a reader, I have no way of knowing whether the summary is accurate and reflects the Spouter's opinions. Nuances matter and can quickly create the wrong impression. If the author could opt in, then I would know the summary was accurate
05:42 PM - Oct 04, 2023
King Lavender-licous
A
In response to MonzaMayhem.
It's unfinished. I agree. I was focused on authors and viewership. I felt like readers who want to will and those who don't had more options.
05:58 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Nina L. Diamond
A
I don't care if an AI summary is inarticulate. I DO care that it contains factual errors as the summary did with one of my threads.
I will NOT write any more threads here unless the policy is changed so that we can opt out of having an AI summary of our threads. @cbouzy
05:14 PM - Oct 04, 2023
k hola (she/her)
A
Creators don’t want their work being reduced to AI generated summaries. They don’t have control over the summary or the data that AI uses to teach itself from their work. It’s complicated on many levels
04:49 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Avery
A
My threads are mystery short stories, and the summaries butcher them. They assert inaccurate story lines, and give away all of the details about the mystery, giving away the end in some cases. And I don’t have the option of turning it off. I now have to encourage people not to read them beforehand.
04:46 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Lipsticktraces
B
In response to Avery.
I'd like to see an on/off option too. Just as we have for Echoes.
05:07 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Sami Lee
A
I wasn’t understanding either until I read all of Aaron’s thread and then the AI summary at the end, which completely misrepresents what he wrote. I get it now 🤷🏼‍♀️
04:39 PM - Oct 04, 2023
King Lavender-licous
A
In response to Sami Lee.
Yes but what I'm confused with is if I'm not interested because of length I'm not going to read it. The summary is bad but I'll neither walk a way with a misrepresentation, be intrigued to get actually story, or move on all together.
04:45 PM - Oct 04, 2023
dani
A
Optional for the reader, yes.
Optional for the author, no.

And if what you wrote is misrepresented, I can understand being upset.
04:34 PM - Oct 04, 2023
King Lavender-licous
A
In response to dani.
OK. But I may not get the eyes I would have if not for the feature. I don't see art being diminished because of an inarticulate summary.

Readers will read and passerby will get a bad summary but may choose to explore further to make sense of it.

I know I personally don't read long threads.
04:41 PM - Oct 04, 2023 (Edited)
King Lavender-licous
A
In response to dani.
I did read the quoted one in full.
04:43 PM - Oct 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}