Christopher Bouzy
A
The explore section isn't a timeline/feed. It will always be chaotic and that is by design. I understand a lot of people use it as a timeline, but as the platform grows, it will be even more chaotic.
VergeClub @VergeClub
As far as I'm concerned, the thing that is going to ruin Spoutible are the clusterfux of argumentative replies flooding the main feed. I don't want to be subjected to them; will go somewhere else, because it takes a long time to figure out who the main antagonists are, so as to block them.
06:28 PM - Nov 01, 2023
07:28 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Mal
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Okay but please could you add a “Hide Replies” slider into the Explore header?

Sometimes it would be nice to be able to mute all the non-sequiturs 😉

Also, displaying every spout in a Threaded Spout seems unnecessary
02:29 AM - Nov 02, 2023 (Edited)
VergeClub
A
Since a lot of people are using it as a feed of sorts, I'd say there is a desire for a third option. In other words, a raw feed doesn't have a practical use. Put it somewhere in the background and give users something more structured that is not their own feed. Maybe some sort of aggregation.
09:46 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
Plus, you can select only spouts, only news, or both and include or suppress echos & splashbacks

Very good control!

(I'd like to see reading lists so we could group our follows into topics, but this is great)
08:07 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Verbatorium
A
In response to Jim Plunkett.
In the end, like most things in life you only get out of social media the effort you put into it. I like the choices available in Spoutible it’s very flexible with little effort required. I find I spend most time just reading the feed from the people I have chosen to follow.
10:03 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Lipsticktraces
B
At times, I like chaos.
07:56 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Mynxie
A
In response to Lipsticktraces.
Same here. I love Explore precisely for the fact that it's always full of surprises, different opinions, different subjects, and wonderful interesting accounts that I have yet to discover!! I adore the randomness of it all💗
08:52 AM - Nov 02, 2023
TJ 1010333
A
07:32 PM - Nov 01, 2023
k hola (she/her)
A
Order through chaos. Ohm
07:29 PM - Nov 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}