Christopher Bouzy
A
Users can follow as many people as they like, and their timelines can be as structured as they like. Once we introduce lists, it will be significantly more customizable. There is no need for a third option. If you want your timeline to be similar to explore, you must follow more people.
VergeClub @VergeClub
Since a lot of people are using it as a feed of sorts, I'd say there is a desire for a third option. In other words, a raw feed doesn't have a practical use. Put it somewhere in the background and give users something more structured that is not their own feed. Maybe some sort of aggregation.
09:46 PM - Nov 01, 2023
01:43 AM - Nov 02, 2023
Mr. Higgins Totally not an alien in a skin suit
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I didn’t like lists on Twitter, I didn’t like finding myself on folks lists. The feature there was often used to target groups and individuals. If a list feature is brought here it would be preferable for the individual to have the option to control where they are listed or ability not to be listed
02:15 PM - Nov 02, 2023
Chrissy Wolcott
A
it seems many people are accustomed to media being fed to them vs. actively cultivating their own interests. I hope spoutible continues its current trajectory and uses it as a means of encouraging people to be discerning consumers of media, not just ducks being prepared for fois gras.
01:55 PM - Nov 02, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
Will mute eventually apply to Explore?
01:40 PM - Nov 02, 2023
Susan L
A
Thank you thank you thank you for keeping the timeline the way it is

It is one of the reasons Spoutible is so good, so different, so very much better, so much safer, so much less icky, so much not in danger of becoming an algorithm-driven sink-hole

Thank you
09:55 AM - Nov 02, 2023
Viviane Elbee
A
That’s great! I’m looking forward to the lists. And also looking forward to being able to schedule spouts! Thank you
07:23 AM - Nov 02, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
Lists will make it easy to recommend people. Then I can list their names in a spout and include a link to the List (feed), so people can just scroll that to get samples.
02:36 AM - Nov 02, 2023
Lipsticktraces
B
02:06 AM - Nov 02, 2023
rob
A
agree a third feed is unnecessary, but i think one nice feature to consider for the future would be the ability to toggle comments in explore, if that’s possible.
01:57 AM - Nov 02, 2023
VergeClub
A
In response to rob.
I would count that as a third feed. And I'd be happy with it. If the explore feed is just a chronological list of everything that's spouted, and that's the way it will stay, providing any other option to manage it effectively produces a third feed. Any filter, any option to reconfigure.
07:21 AM - Nov 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}