Professor Kyle
A
Like seriously – how many times have you heard there was a breach that revealed emails & such at your bank, credit card, school, social media sites, email, etc. etc. Happens all the time – so much that I tend to ignore it, as I did with it here (did change my PW). It's part of life on the internet.
10:19 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Not only that but they think their little goodbyes will stop this site...nah we just getting started and its Spoutible's Birthday month. They can get on with their dusty selves.
03:36 PM - Feb 05, 2024
SusiAnsujali
A
Oh, I hear you and you’re right.

But, Spoutible forces everyone to give up their phone number.

I wouldn’t have had that much issue with my account being pawned. 2FA and pw change takes care of that.

But now these perpetrators have my ***phone number*** and, bam! cue in the weird calls. 🤬
12:38 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to SusiAnsujali.
Doesn't every site – especially ones that offer 2FA – ask for your phone number?
12:58 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Diana
A
When I read that my # might have been leaked I was like okay? And? LOL. My number is already hit with so much spam shit it's not funny and lord knows how many other breaches it's been a part of at this point.

I did what we were advised to do, and then haven't thought of it again, really.
12:21 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Susan McBride
A
In response to Diana.
Ditto.
01:13 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Ian Kennedy
A
In response to Diana.
Yes, and there are people who DON'T want their phone exposed. For them it might be a big deal. A safety issue.

Hashed passwords were freely accessible via the API.
Hashed 2FA codes as well, and it takes minutes to crack a six digit code.

This was a big deal. As an investor I expect better.
01:21 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Al Gray
A
11:42 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Gino Gangai
A
I just changed my password on my email. I think that's basically all one needs to do in these situations
11:09 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Justin Raymond Park
A
lol please do not ignore it come on now
11:04 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Justin Raymond Park.
I mean fix the vulnerability – generally changing your password – and move on. Virtually no one is like "OMG, I'm deleting my Citibank account because there was a breach!!"
11:26 AM - Feb 05, 2024
NewsSportsINC
A
Funny thing to me is the people leaving haven't spouted in months but they come here and say I'm deleting my account now lol. Like we didn't even know you were here.
11:01 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Jinxy's staff
A
In response to NewsSportsINC.
They really just want some attention and believe it's their best option to get some.
11:29 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Klobby L
A
In response to NewsSportsINC.
Lol, this!
03:25 PM - Feb 05, 2024
Sally W
A
Email and phone number? Geez the info is on everything and sold by online retailers, or publicly available (public licensing boards), etc. Ongoing updates to passwords is part of life online since the late 1990s for some of us. Spoutible was fast and clear.
10:57 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Honorary Doctor of Sass
A
Anything’s to complain. People are hooked on the negative, victim drug.
10:51 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Honorary Doctor of Sass.
Especially when it can be made to reflect poorly on a successful Black man.
10:52 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Drea
A
Been in this for 25 years. Not even your password keepers are full proof.

Lots of steps you can take to mitigate, but guaranteed if you do anything online, it can be accessed.
10:48 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
Oh, hell. Amazon, anybody? My SO has had his credit card info breached TWICE for large purchases. Both times the card company issued a new card and voided the charges, but from Amazon? Pfffft. "Change your password." Right. Thanks. 😑
10:45 AM - Feb 05, 2024
William Tulloch
A
In response to Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie.
I basically don't store CC information on the internet anymore, because it's so easy to get hacked. I just fat finger the number in every time.
10:47 AM - Feb 05, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
I've notified two companies in the past that their sites had been compromised when I noticed suspicious activity on my credit card and they still denied anything was amiss until much later.
10:37 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
Yup – a lot of sites aren't anywhere near as transparent as Spoutible.
10:39 AM - Feb 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}