Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/10
To be perfectly honest this is why I hate politics online. And when I say "this," y'all know what the hell I'm talking about. I was inundated with it all day. I know its an election year, I expect politics. But stop responding to every troll and idiot here to wind you up.
10:55 PM - Mar 03, 2024 (Edited)
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/10
I block fools but I will also mute friends for a little while because my mental health has to be my top priority. If my mental health had to experience everyday here like today was here, I'd just pack up and leave. It was terrible. And as I said, I know the importance of politics.
11:03 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/10
I have a history degree. I believe in civic engagement, I vote in every election, I speak constantly on the importance of voting and being an important part of your local, state, national, and global world. You can't complain if you didn't do your part, or so the saying goes.
11:06 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/10
I recognized a fair share of people today mentioned watching the Lawrence O'Donnell clip. I thought it was utterly brilliant in many ways. But what I held onto the most after walking away from it, was people's incessant need for performance where politics are concerned.
11:08 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/10
That's all I see when I see troll posts and Bernie Bros, and "progressives", and The New York Times. Its not just an election year, its also awards season and the crowd is thick for Best Douche-hose in a political social media thread or best portrayal of the sky is falling by an internet blogger.
11:12 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 6/10
Its theater to these bots, trolls, and chaos agents who get joy from dragging reasonable people into arguments with them. I don't think its fair that we get egged on and attacked by them, but its the 21st century and too many people are invested in this psychological violence for it to just stop.
11:14 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 7/10
Having said all that, I've know since 1988, as a 10 year old, that I was a strong, blue collar, union supporting, pro-woman, pro-gay (it was called at the time) Democrat. I've never once been in the fence about who I was voting for in a general Presidential election.
11:17 PM - Mar 03, 2024 (Edited)
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 8/10
So the political theater is a waste of my time...and has at times in the near past made me contemplate exit strategies. I never want to be there again so if that means turning off the goid along with the bad because the good insist on responding to every clearly orchestrated post, I'll do that.
11:20 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 9/10
It might get lonely here, just down to me following animal, art, and food pages, but my peace of mind & the pieces of my mind are worth that. I know its an election year, I know the routines and rhetoric, but I'm also sick to death of it. I'm not threatening to unfollow people, I'm just speaking.
11:23 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 10/10
And now I'm done speaking. Time has gotten away from me and my feet are in pain so I'm going to medicate, read some fanfiction, and go to bed. I thought of listening to some heavy metal for self-soothing but I'd be up until 1 in the morning trying to come down from rage to normal Montiese crazy.
11:27 PM - Mar 03, 2024 (Edited)
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
I'm glad I missed all the politics. I work weekends where more people don't and have the time to be on social media all day. I get my mental health break while at work, surprisingly.
08:31 AM - Mar 04, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️.
I get it. I have less freedom to play on my phone at this job than I did my last. And my office is pretty quiet so I get to listen to the sounds inside my mind, which is often calming in this quiet environment.
09:47 AM - Mar 04, 2024
Haruka (RELOCATED)
A
I’d be happy if politics was left over at Xitter, but I know that won’t happen. I need to start eliminating accounts from my list that are nothing but politics (not the occasionals, but literally nothing else.)
08:27 AM - Mar 04, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Haruka (RELOCATED).
If those accounts follow me, I don't follow back. They can engage with me, we can converse and even become cool, but I don't want to look at all those post. Because 9 out of 10, their politics posts are a bunch of TFG articles or other negative things.
09:55 AM - Mar 04, 2024
AbbiSeattle1
A
This thread is only going to become more relevant with time. There’s intense Russian psyops and this time there’s lots of help from inside the country. Keeping ourselves out of fight/flight/freeze is mission one. Thanks for the thread. 🙏
02:09 AM - Mar 04, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to AbbiSeattle1.
You're welcome.
04:00 AM - Mar 04, 2024
Bitter Scribe
A
The block can rock.

That is all.
11:02 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Bitter Scribe.
Amen.
11:51 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Tom Is A F*cking Menace
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
11:01 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Tom Is A F*cking Menace.
Thanks, Teeds. I'm just so tired, for myself and a lot of other people.
11:52 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Ground Control
A
Something worth keeping in mind, Acey. We didn't come here to be their free entertainment, did we?
10:59 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Ground Control.
We're more of that when we engage with them instead of block and warn others of the behavior so they don't have to entertain them either.
11:35 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Al Gray
A
I had a very relaxing block party.😇
10:56 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Al Gray.
Mine started later in the evening, but me too, Al.
11:53 PM - Mar 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}