Dorothy P
A
I have a favor to ask. I have not had a cigarette in 26 days, but I still get mad cravings. Sometimes these cravings are so strong it takes all my will not to give in. My favor, and I realize it sounds pathetic, is just for some positive reinforcement.
10:55 PM - Mar 11, 2024
Jen The Muse
A
In response to Dorothy P.
The willpower fairies are on the way my friend. You got this!
10:14 AM - Apr 21, 2024
Josiah Del Rey
A
You got this. Keep the faith, stay the course.
12:51 AM - Mar 13, 2024
VanHelsing
A
Stay strong
It’s my opinion that smoking is the most difficult habit to quit
You can do it
11:22 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Carol Wilson
A
Best wishes! You can do this!! I visualized them as the biggest enemy ever and focused on what I would use the money for. Find what works for you. You are getting so close to no cravings!!!
10:56 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
You can do it!
10:48 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Bea Bennett
A
Keep it up! You got this!
10:47 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Joel Cardwell
A
You're an absolute hero for doing this. Well done!
10:43 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Al Gray
A
You can leave them behind. It can be done, there are a lot of us who left them and are here for you. People can tell you the tricks they used, it could work or not. I decide that I was not going to smoke another of the damned things no matter what and I haven't. I am rooting for you, you got this.
10:26 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Jennifer Sharp
A
Stay strong! It is difficult to quit, but you are sticking to it like a champ. Every single day is bragging rights! Hope you keep focused on how far you’ve come rather than the struggle continues because you are already the better you that 20+ days ago Dot was choosing and hoping to be.
10:24 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Nonna
A
30+ years for me. 26 days is a HUGE victory, because you’re probably accomplishing one of the most difficult things that you’ll ever have to do. You got this. Don’t look back!!!
10:01 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Pete Johnston
A
It is very tough to quit smoking. You can do it and will appreciate how it helps you feel better. The cravings kinda don't go away, just learn to tell yourself NO.
09:58 PM - Mar 12, 2024
The Phantom.
A
I’m almost 20 years smoke free.
The craving never really left. But it is more manageable every day.

You can do this!!

If I could. You SURELY can!!!
09:54 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Alex Ruiz
A
Congratulations on deciding to have a healthier life! You can do it!
09:54 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Viviane Elbee
A
Sending hugs and good luck vibes your way!
09:06 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Deb Lane
A
Quit smoking over 10 years ago. I vaped for a while (zero nicotine) because I still had that oral fixation. I was still smoking weed though. Last year I was diagnosed with mild emphysema. (Been asthmatic my entire adult life). Quit that too. My breathing has never been better. If I can quit, you can
08:56 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Rainbow Trucknutz
A
Quit smoking in 2011. Feel so much better. No hackathon when I get a cold, anymore
08:29 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Margo Green
A
That's amazing! You've got this! And when it gets bad, just remember what motivated you to stop in the first place.
07:37 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Maria OLeary
A
26 days without smoking is a big accomplishment, sending you positive vibes and may each day gets easier!
07:29 PM - Mar 12, 2024 (Edited)
Don Rowe
A
I could never have quit cold turkey, believe me, I am in awe of 26 days. The only thing that worked for me was vaping and reducing the nicotine strength of the fluid every 30 days. And yes, once you are fully quit you will feel great. Stay strong!
06:51 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Demosthenes
A
Congrats, that's a major accomplishment and you should be proud. You've made it through the first 2 weeks of detox and have already put the hardest part behind you. It gets easier each passing day until eventually it simply ceases to be a part of your life. Stay the course, you won't regret it.
06:01 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Melanie Johnson-Moxley
A
Right on!! You have taken such strong action in support of your health and well-being. It's hard and you're doing it!

When I quit, I found that doing stuff with my hands (crafting, gardening) helped. I hope you find lots of helpful transitional environments, activities and people moments. 😊
06:00 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Fiona Bski
A
I quit 15 years ago. It gets easier and the times you think about it get further away. I quit cold turkey and it really sucked. This last time I used the patch and it was way easier and have not started again and don't want to.
It's not easy but you CAN do it!
05:39 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Alice
A
04:47 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Kay Emell
A
HELL YEAH DOROTHY!!!’ You RUUUUULE!! Keep going! 🎉🎉🎉
04:34 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Santa Cruz Dave
A
I used to have a problem with drugs and alcohol. It was really hard when I got clean and sober. Really hard, and I got thru it with help from others who came before me.
Reaching out was almost as difficult. You have mad that step! Congratulations!
04:33 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Ethical Atheist
A
I quit 35 years ago.

You are part the hard part. It all mental at this point.

You should hit another budgie at about 3 months. It was year before I knew I was done for good.

Stay strong.
04:30 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Carolyn Reese
A
Keep going!!! It will be so worth it. 12 yrs ago I had to have emergency surgery. Hospitalized 19 days following… full pack of cigarettes left prior to that lucky day of surgery that I never ever smoked. Nicotine addiction is so tough, but with God’s help I am on the other side enjoying my grands
04:25 PM - Mar 12, 2024
JournoActivist
A
Almost a month — be proud of yourself! It's important to have a plan. As some have said, dance, go for a walk, etc. When the cravings hit, don't even think about it — just jump straight into your plan. I noticed someone said you'll feel a lot better. I will add that you'll smell much better, too! 😄
04:25 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Carol Truman
A
Hey, I have been there! It has been 17 years since my last cigarette. Sometimes you just have to make getting through the next minutes a goal. You can do this!!
04:19 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
You are not at all pathetic. In fact, you are amazingly strong and self aware to know yourself and to reach out for help when you need it. I celebrate you!
04:19 PM - Mar 12, 2024
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}