Christopher Bouzy
A
When you use the news feed feature, do you filter news based on the news source, category, or both?

Source

Category

Both

My news feed is disabled

382 votes — 12:23 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Catherine Roberts
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
It’s easy to be overwhelmed at first because there are so many great choices. Be selective with both categories and sources. You’ll also find that understandably a few will want you to eventually subscribe. It’s easy to trim until you find the right balance. Can you tell I love the news feed!?
08:11 PM - Apr 28, 2024
Marie-Josée Martin ♿
A
I don't use the feature because it's English only, the media that would interest me are not there. (I spout in French and prefer to get my news in French.)
12:20 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Max Prophet
A
I've tried to filter my news feed by source but it never works. I get every other news outlet and topic that I don't want. So I've just disabled it.
10:13 AM - Apr 26, 2024
ChrisADED
A
Separate issue: I'd be grateful if news items appeared in Lists as well as the Default Timeline.

[And Echoes and Splashbacks too - while retaining the ability to toggle each on and off in Timeline Settings.]
07:14 AM - Apr 26, 2024 (Edited)
Nonna
A
Oops, just realized that we had that feature.
09:55 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Doug Says…
A
Unfiltered.
09:53 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Used ToBeGop
B
I would like the news feeds to appear, every one I've chosen. Being able to choose them is AWESOME, BTW!
09:50 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Sunflower
A
I liked the news feed, but I missed seeing all the regular spouts. It might just be user error. It became overwhelming with no regular people spouting in my feed.
09:15 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Lynn Massie 💙
A
In response to Sunflower.
if you haven't curated your timeline yet by following more people, you can always click on the EXPLORE button and every spout is there.
09:50 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Whale World! Party Time! Excellent!
A
I *just* learned about filtering within the last week, so I went to look. All the boxes were checked, so, I unchecked some under both category and source.
08:03 PM - Apr 25, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
I sort by both category & source. I couldn't care less about sports, so I have anything sports unchecked. But I've also unchecked sources that are all paywall, all the time. If I can't read it, I'm not interested in just the headline. I'm disabled. I can't afford a ton of subscriptions.
07:20 PM - Apr 25, 2024
dariasteigman
A
Both right now.
But this morning I realized I need to filter categories more.
05:58 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
I'd say both but the only category I'm not interested in is sports (SORRY SPORTSBALL TYPES!) so I wouldn't exactly call it filtering.

Largely I do it by source.
05:57 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Susan A. Kitchens
A
I did settings so long ago I forgot that I had. But yes, it turns out I filter news by category.
Huh.
Maybe, as experiment, I should enable only 1 category for a day and see what the stream looks like. In 8 days I'll have more of a clue. Also: I only occasionally check news feed so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
02:41 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Ike K
A
I’m one of the 6% with my news feed disabled. I may reconsider. A recent spout of yours named two that interest me.
02:40 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Phred
A
Interesting poll. The biggest hiccup that I see users experience with setting up their News Timeline is not selecting anything for categories. The second hiccup is not clicking save.
02:26 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Thomas Liljeruhm
A
Apparently I filter news by sources, but I appreciate both options.
01:45 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Blair Houghton
A
X. Neither.
12:56 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Joan H
A
I think mine is disabled until I can trust the news again😩…if a place can change that it’s Spoutible, so we’ll see. I’m hopeful😀
12:55 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Bev Turner
A
So far, have not filtered any.
12:49 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Dodi Davies
A
I also filter if I’m forced to subscribe like the New York Times.
12:41 PM - Apr 25, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
In response to Dodi Davies.
This.
07:16 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Bianca B. Machado
A
Personally, I find some news sources kinda annoying, so it's good to be able not to show them. One thing about categories I don't think can be solved is murderings and killings showing up in the "politics" category 😢 I wish I didn't have to see that in my feed...
12:40 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Phred
A
In response to Bianca B. Machado.
Bianca - if I recall properly, one of the upcoming features will be the ability to block certain words or something like that. It will be interesting to see if the technology can also work on the news timeline. We shall see! 🐳🐳
03:52 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Bonnie Ivanish
A
Mostly both, but the source is more important to me of the two, for obvious bias, credibility & content reasons.
12:40 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Kathleen F789
A
In response to Bonnie Ivanish.
Agree with both source and category. Source first, category second.
07:17 PM - Apr 25, 2024
TriXteR Phillips
A
While I do filter both, I also have news in my feed turned off.
12:30 PM - Apr 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}