Diane Turner
A
I have to say that the blue checks that don’t engage and post content here are taking a risk at diminishing their relevance on this platform. I am finding plenty of voices I enjoy who never needed a blue check. As we grow the pod, we may care less.
Christopher Brown @christopherbrown
Remember when @RexChapman joined #Spoutible and over 7,000 people followed him and praised his arrival, and he then proceeded to post nothing of relevance because “brands” are still too invested in Twitter to jump ship to a beta site?
10:18 PM - Apr 14, 2023
10:22 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Marie Leeg
B
In response to Diane Turner.
It’s more about retraining your brain on how the platform mechanicals work.. different finger taps are exhausting here and there raucous content feeds dopamine.
10:33 AM - Apr 16, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Marie Leeg.
“Raucous Content” lol. I need all the dopamine I can get.
10:34 AM - Apr 16, 2023
Vuyelwa Ncube
A
My humble thoughts - the blue checks are good for bringing their followers and thus a road to funding/advertising. But the vibe here means they won't gain much traction. I followed news and journalists and writers. But I am going to give myself time and unfollow those that don't engage.
💝
12:26 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Vuyelwa Ncube.
Yes. I am supportive of blue checks but I will follow them based on the value of their content or engagement, I won’t follow if they aren’t bringing anything to the table, Yes bring your audience and your voice here.
12:29 AM - Apr 15, 2023
JoeandTheScot
A
I was never impressed with blue checks on Twitter, but then I’m not into celebrity either. If someone’s content is good, or interesting to me I’ll follow them. I follow back as long as the person isn’t a tin foil wearer, bot, or pro Trump.
11:48 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to JoeandTheScot.
Content is King
11:49 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
Yep. My thoughts exactly.
11:41 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
Cause you are a smart lady!
11:41 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Lotusland Comics
A
I feel the same way. I know the popular verifieds coming over are just place-holding their handles. Then they disappear without a spout. I see some of them complain on other sites about Spoutible but never gave it a chance.
11:19 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Lotusland Comics.
They just wanted all the adulation with none of the effort.
11:24 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
I agree. We’ve created a real community here on our own. I’ve tried engaging with some blue checks but most do not interact. Some do but very few.

I ♥️ engaging w-others both on their posts and mine. Any following I’ve managed to build here has been built organically by simply talking to people
11:16 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Brilliantly put and same. I spent time at twitter feeling like I was shouting into a void. I want to be heard and I want to hear and share. That is why I spend time here. And it is fabulous, I won’t blindly follow someone who has no interest in conversing with me.
11:21 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Also agree. Perhaps I'm generalizing but many blues seem to have a lot more output than input. Maybe it's a habit they carried over from bird land (or any land).

It feels richer when there's a real exchange of ideas/info with real people.
05:08 PM - Apr 15, 2023
Ocean Moon
A
This! I know they're place marking their accounts, but how hard is it to post a little?
11:12 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Ocean Moon.
Exactly! My point was unless they are the true leaders and people of interest etc…by the time these regular blue check people who had adoration at the bird with no real chops get here my bandwidth might be filled… they are missing an opportunity to leverage that blue check early. Waste a lead:
11:16 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
I follow if I want and if you have interesting things to say, I prefer to follow mostly no checks as those people truly engage. I can read the news without it being posted on any site. So blue check does not impress me. I get it, popular, whatever that means, can bring more people. That's cool.
11:10 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
Exactly this!
11:11 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Newmi Dread
A
Most people are about the following rather than the messages they deliver.
11:03 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Newmi Dread.
Isn’t that sad?
11:05 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Jess Martin
A
I ❤️ meeting new people here - it’s still like the first week of #Spoutible . And they’re not the blue checks.

This week I met @EdwardAPeterson from the #FlyoverStateOfIowa 🌽

The artificiality of the hellsite gave some of those blue checks some inflated egos. Not on here.

#BurstingTheBalloon
Diana
A
Yep. I am increasingly disinclined to jump on following new blue checks for this reason.
Diane Turner
A
In response to Diana.
I follow blue checks for the same reason I follow anyone else. Because their content or engagement is interesting to me,
11:04 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Suzanne Pierce
A
I’m #nofan of blue checks it creates an artificial hierarchy- I get that some public figures need/deserve protection but most of us are just sharing ideas - anyone could create and share brilliance at any moment!
10:49 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Suzanne Pierce.
Bingo! Even before Muskrat they gave them out like candy over there. So devalued their real purpose, And I think you are brilliant!
10:50 PM - Apr 14, 2023 (Edited)
VanceInLA
B
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
10:38 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to VanceInLA.
Well I do like it to point out real journalists, celebrities, and leaders in politics, entertainment, and business. It certifies who they are. But I know a girl who worked at AP 10 years ago and wrote junior drivel but used that to get bluechecked and posts useless content, (name unsaid)
10:44 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
Well said... I'm here for the content & engagement, not for "star attraction".
10:37 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
Yup! But you are a star attraction and don’t let anyone tell you differently,
10:44 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
Well said
10:33 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Ground Control
A
My GOT quote: "They can live in my new world or die in their old one." It's one and the same to me. The dead bird app is crash sooner or later, so they BETTER be ready for it.
Diane Turner
A
In response to Ground Control.
God. I love that quote.
10:34 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
10:29 PM - Apr 14, 2023 (Edited)
Diane Turner
A
In response to Irminsul Harp.
I don’t mind blue checks. Some are real journalists and dignitaries w/cred. Some are just influencers who built audience early at the bird and want to walk in here like royalty. Keep you blue check but then prove to me you deserve it. If your content ain’t great or engaged, I won’t follow, #newday
DJohnRowinski
A
I would sooner have new accounts ascend here
Too many of those Twitter famous had huge followings but tended to create mundane content followed by retweet if you agree causing me to mute after I had unfollowed
10:27 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Anthony Lee
A
I say give them time until Twitter dies and they have no choice but to spout instead of tweet. 🙂
10:26 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
Yeah. That is fine. But blue checks committed early are appreciated. Some others will have to fight for bandwidth cause who says they are more interesting than you? In other words they better be engaged or more interesting then us or they can pound dirt.
10:29 PM - Apr 14, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}