Professor Kyle
A
I don't get the weird notion that Spoutible is "too political" & we need to work to change that. My advice: post whatever the heck you want. And if you don't like "political" accounts, you'll find there is an unfollow button.
06:21 PM - Apr 29, 2023
WestCoaster
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
More politics for me!
04:21 PM - Apr 30, 2024
Jeff Russell
A
💯
11:54 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
1. Everything's political, whether you realize it or not.
2. Yeah, nobody's forcing anyone to post about or read about politics.
3. The platform was created in response to the fascist takeover of Twitter, of course its going to be a bit more focussed on anti-fascist content (this is a good thing).
10:37 PM - May 16, 2023
Rebecca E
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
I was a "re-entry" college student, Poli Sci major. Opted for a Religious Studies minor. Dept head asked why Religious Studies. I remember saying, "I want to get away from politics".

His reply, "Religion IS all about politics". I stayed...he was right. Still true today but not in a good way.
11:00 PM - May 16, 2023
Steven Jones
A
I get that sentiment but people want other things too and with no algo to nudge any other content it can seem overwhelmingly political and not everyone wants that all the time. Sometimes I come on here and wonder is there anything else going on?
12:59 PM - May 01, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Steven Jones.
Then, like I said, don't follow accounts that spout about politics.
01:04 PM - May 01, 2023
Mynxie
A
In response to Steven Jones.
On Spoutible your Timeline is what you make it.

Also, Spoutible is a brand new site, so POST the content you want to see to create and build the communities you want to be a part of.

Don't expect others to do your work for you. Do it yourself. The rest of us do.
02:11 AM - Aug 01, 2023
Torchy Windrush Brown
A
Marginalized people can't ignore politics. I have absolutely no idea what it must be like to have the luxury to ignore politics.
06:14 AM - May 01, 2023
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
In response to Torchy Windrush Brown.
Right
Our every breath has been politicized
07:32 PM - Aug 31, 2023
Blue Dog Doug
A
In response to Torchy Windrush Brown.
Yeah I can't really call myself marginalized except for the fact that I'm not wealthy

But I agree
If you aren't in the game
you have no right to bitch about the outcome
07:35 PM - Aug 31, 2023
Lynn Daniello
A
When I see someone say something like that I suggest they use the Explore button. I see so many other topics there. They can than follow those peeps to widen topics on their timeline.
09:33 AM - Apr 30, 2023
Myra Faye Turner
A
It's hard not being political in this climate. However, I'm seeing a nice mix of politics and random stuff on my TL and I love it. A lot depends on who you follow.
08:31 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Marsha Shaiman
A
Life is political for everyone except CIS HET white people.
08:23 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Alan Smith
A
For what it’s worth, I’m not so much frustrated at the fact that much of this site is Democratic Party politics as a view point (y’all do y’all), and more … hopeful that there are people here who are interested in shifting our politics over scoring points against an increasingly straw-man opponent.
08:01 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Alan Smith
A
In response to Alan Smith.
Maybe I don’t know the right hashtags yet!
08:01 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
There does need to be a better way to follow topics rather than just people though.
07:15 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Aamir Hussain.
Isn't that why people use hashtags?
07:19 PM - Apr 29, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
I'm so sick of these people, who tf made them the 🐳 police? They also like to insist you fb everyone and echo everything you like. Um...no! And if they're not seeing what they want, use the d*mn search to find more like minded people. You'd think they never used sm before. Smdh....
07:02 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
Right?? Spoutible is better, but it's quite similar to Twitter in a lot of ways. Maybe the problem is the following everyone back – maybe they did that on Twitter but muted them all.
07:07 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Ericlo
A
The 10 tactics of fascism with Jason Stanley:
1. Mythic past
2. Propaganda
3. Anti-intellectualism
4. Unreality
5. Hierarchy
6. Victimhood
7. Law and order
8. Sexual anxiety
9. Sodom and Gomorrah
10. Arbeit macht frei
https://youtu.be/CpCKkWMbm...
The 10 tactics of fascism | Jason Stanley | Big Think - YouTube

The 10 tactics of fascism, with Jason StanleySubscribe to Big Think on YouTube ►► https://www.youtube.com/c/bigthinkUp next ►►"Never Again?" How fascism hija...

06:47 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Ericlo.
Why did you post this on this thread?
08:03 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Sitara 68
A
Not sure where that is coming from. I'm echoing a lot of political stuff in between spouts about my second attempt at making mozzarella cheese.
06:46 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Sitara 68.
Right?? The authentic folks I follow spout about all kinds of stuff.
06:48 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Patsy
A
Agree. Too many, myself included, seem to be unwilling to not return a follow, or to unfollow because we are more concerned w not *rejecting* someone than in curating our own timeline such that we will find it interesting/engaging.
06:45 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Patsy.
For sure! Me too, but it's ok for us to have different interests and not simply follow back out of politeness.
06:47 PM - Apr 29, 2023
SAJ
B
Exactly....
06:39 PM - Apr 29, 2023
valerie
A
Yes to this!
06:26 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
I am not having a problem, and if I see something has been shared a lot I simply do not echo it. I figure it is out there. I follow a lot of different people and I can always trim if I need to.
06:24 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
Exactly. I do hesitate to follow accounts that solely echo as I'd rather see their original content. But I really don't have an issue with repetitive content.
06:27 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
Exactly.
06:23 PM - Apr 29, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}