Dennis A
A
I'm not sure many Spouties realize the timeline here is not controlled by an algorithm; just like Mastodon/Post. This means your behavior here should necessarily be different than on the bird app. We need to discuss why you should have more follows here and use echos more than you used retweets.
07:25 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Julie B
A
In response to Dennis A.
thanks for this! I didn't realize and will adapt my behavior accordingly. Early on, the echos were dominating my feed and I found them irritating, but as more folks join, original content is prevailing.
11:57 AM - Feb 16, 2023
TwentyTwentyUSA
A
In response to Dennis A.
Changing the color of account names could be helpful. "Followed" accounts would be one color. "Unfollowed" could have a different color. New accounts would continue to be white text...
05:32 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Jim Bass
A
In response to Dennis A.
I never liked that Twitter shared my likes because I used them as a combo of letting tweeter know I liked it, or saving the tweet for a future conversation with someone. How it works here is more natural for me.
05:31 PM - Feb 13, 2023
tedi
A
In response to Dennis A.
I’m not following what you’re saying. Please simplify.
04:57 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Dennis A
A
In response to tedi.
Check my page for pretty heavy discussion of it over the past couple hours.

"Like" = Thanks Spouter, I appreciate this and see you,
"Echo" = Hey Spouters, check out this spout.

Because of the algorithm on the bird app, likes can also function to share with others. Not true here.
05:03 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Beth Pink
A
In response to Dennis A.
Also, where I was highly selective who I followed on Twitter (mostly for safety), I am following a ton or new people, just to quickly expand the bubble.
It's wonderful to feel safe & free enough to do so!
04:35 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Cre8ve2
A
In response to Beth Pink.
Be careful cuz there are potential bot/spam accounts on here.When you follow them it affects everyone in your "pod."I wished we had a mute button instead of only Block.There are a lot of H&M supporters here.I don't mind it,but not obsessed &would rather not fill my timeline w/ those types of Spouts.
10:12 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes
A
In response to Beth Pink.
Exactly! my decision too, once I understood how it works here.
08:59 AM - Dec 15, 2023
mikel
A
In response to Dennis A.
I have always been a heavy retweeter... I find it refreshing to see others echoing more.

In either case there is definitely a bit of a semantics learning curve.
03:52 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Texpat Nutmegger
A
In response to Dennis A.
Very helpful, thanks, @DharmaDog ! I’m glad I found and followed you early in #FirsrtWaveSpoutible . The better we understand the platform the better our experience will be!
03:27 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Lil
A
In response to Dennis A.
Thank you for spreading the word.

I'm seeing spouts from folks explaining why they are restricting their follows or not following back. Everyone has the right (and responsibility) to structure their account as they see fit. I'm hoping, though, they understand that Spoutible works differently.
02:05 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Rev. Magdalen
A
In response to Lil.
Let's not do the "This place already has an established culture and newcomers can't change it" thing. That's what killed Mastodon. The first wave of beta testers were only here a few weeks before the latest people, we're all still forming a culture now.
02:52 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Pam McSt
A
In response to Dennis A.
I really like this about Post, Spoutible, and Mastodon.
01:56 PM - Feb 13, 2023 (Edited)
Candid Candidate
A
In response to Dennis A.
It's like going back to Twitter 2007
01:07 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Cambomb
A
In response to Dennis A.
Does seem to be a most recent post kinda situation. It's kinda neat seeing all these people I have no clue about and aren't well known seems kinda like a community
07:30 AM - Feb 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}