Marvin Edmonds
B
This is exactly the time. Obama wasted the first two years of his presidency and so has Biden. Restricting our choices to two is not my definition of Liberal Democrat. Clinton won by 3 million votes. She was defeated by the Electoral College. Stop blaming Greens and fix the system.
Andrea Jones @Andrea0123
This is not a time for candidates just trying to make a point: our democracy is at stake.

Cornel West needs to take a seat already.
10:20 PM - Jul 01, 2023
09:56 AM - Jul 04, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Marvin Edmonds.
The shear myopic selfishness and privilege embodied by this is breathtaking.
06:17 PM - Aug 24, 2023
Beth Pink
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Right?? I hadn't heard of this user til now, and took a tour through his posts.... Your assessment is exactly right. I went ahead and blocked him. People like him are either Russian psyops, or useful idiots.
08:49 AM - Aug 25, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
1/2

Biden passed a massive infrastructure bill.
Biden passed the first notable gun control bill in decades.
Biden lowered prescription drug prices.
Biden fights for student debt relief.
Biden defended Ukraine (but you Greens don't like that, because you love the Kremlin).
06:12 PM - Aug 24, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
2/2

Along with a bunch of other stuff. All with a hostile Congress.

But I guess that's "wasting" his presidency. All so you have an excuse to finish what you started, and throw the Presidency to Trump again, and forever.
06:16 PM - Aug 24, 2023
Mynxie
A
Jfc, I was calling you a kid because I thought only a young person could be so lacking in knowledge about past events, but you're not young, so what is your excuse?

You don't know what you're talking about, so go LEARN about it, sheesh!!
02:08 PM - Aug 24, 2023
Lexis Nexus
B
So what have the “greens” done to ensure you lot are a viable alternative, instead of always just being a paid foil?
01:53 PM - Aug 24, 2023
Ronald Alexander
A
So now since the shit-stem needs fixing perhaps you can give us your ideas on changing the 12th Amendment.
01:50 PM - Aug 24, 2023
LD Jones
A
C'mon people the fact this person claims Obama wasted his first 2 years shows they aren't serious, that's when he did the most.
01:20 PM - Aug 24, 2023
Mynxie
A
In response to LD Jones.
Even WITHOUT having a majority in both Houses of Congress for most of those two years.
02:10 PM - Aug 24, 2023
Sabine Savvidis
A
Marvin, I strongly urge you to read the Build Back Better agenda. All of it. For a U.S. agenda it's progressive AF. Build around that.
When a nation is in peril of losing it's democracy, it's exactly the time to rally around the guy standing against authoritarianism.
12:17 PM - Aug 24, 2023
Marvin Edmonds
B
In response to Sabine Savvidis.
Thank you for not insulting me. Unlike Germany, Greens in America are ridiculed for their positions. I have lived in the USA all my life. Third parties are the tugboats that move the major parties to get things done. Without us nothing gets done. It is how our system works.
02:51 PM - Aug 24, 2023
Mark Slater
A
You might feel unconcerned with another Trump win, but I think that stance is based on plenty of privilege and self-absorption and very little principle. Only someone personally unaffected by the victimisation, loss of rights and economic hardship of Trump in charge could say that.
06:22 AM - Aug 23, 2023
Linx
A
What is your plan to "fix" the system? Eliminating the electoral college will require a constitutional amendment. When you figure out which 38 states are going to ratify that, let me know. The EC is a winner take all system, so it will always come down to the top 2 candidates.
04:40 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Marvin Edmonds
B
In response to Linx.
I don't have a plan. There are some ideas that I like that amount to work arounds. Instant runoff voting is one. Some states allocate their electoral votes on a proportional basis or district by district. So that would help. I am open to new ideas.
10:36 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Tawanda J
A
I swear some of y’all “Green party “ folks need to review Schoolhouse Rock because Obama not Biden had the kind of majority to pass certain legislation. Obama still had quite a few blue dog Democrats in the House and Senate. Y’all decided that 2010/2014 weren’t important. This is why we are here.
09:37 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Mynxie
A
In response to Tawanda J.
Even including those blue dog Dems Obama didn't have a majority for most of those two years. Stuff happened that couldn't be helped (like death etc), that complicated matters & gave R's opportunities to drag their feet as long as they could, so there were long delays getting replacements in
02:16 PM - Aug 24, 2023
Holly Jahangiri
A
Good luck "fixing the system" when you let the folks who benefit from the system win.
09:31 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Marvin Edmonds
B
In response to Holly Jahangiri.
2 million registered Democrats voted for Trump in 2016. Mrs. Clinton lost the Independent vote by one percent. But blame everything on the Greens. Okay I will hop on the Cross if that is where you want me.
09:58 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Joseph Fedorko
A
… and while we’re at it, it’s exactly that Obama-better-do-more-for-ME crap by the hard left that led them to abandon Obama in 2010 and 2014, which was how the Tea Party planted seeds that became MAGA and Trump. Not to mention handing them state power most still have. Blame is properly assessed.
08:22 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Honorary Doctor of Sass
A
11:15 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Porrada VFR
A
It would appear to some that now is always the time to shoot themselves in the foot to prove a point that doesn’t need making.

You want third party parity? Great! Start with school boards, city councils, local government…build an actual, functional party. Then maybe play in the majors.
11:09 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Marvin Edmonds
B
In response to Porrada VFR.
We have. Over one hundred Greens hold elective office in the USA. The Libertarians have 400. And I expect the Forward Party to well too.
10:06 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Renee Griffin
A
In response to Porrada VFR.
THANK YOU!
05:56 AM - Aug 24, 2023
EdaIris??
A
Well all those wonderful Green votes gave us Trump. Let's not repeat that, and the Cornel/Nina bandwagon is one I'll never support.
10:54 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
Biden "wasted" 2 years rolling out the vaccine which Trump had no plan for, passing the infrastructure bill, the inflation reduction act & the CHIPS bill which will create millions of jobs—wages are up, inflation is down? Seriously, "wasted"? Only in Fox "News" land.
10:47 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Brian Dorau
A
And you are going to do that how?
Let's face it, they way our system works a third party ain't helping.
10:14 PM - Jul 04, 2023
ecsbrooklyn
A
3d party candidates are spoilers -- their voters elect Republicans. Notice our obvious slide into fascism, state by state? We need to keep the WH and the Senate by voting DEM, not 3d party. Your principles will mean nothing if we lose, because our rights and our democracy are at stake.
10:00 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Lisa Mazzacone
A
In response to ecsbrooklyn.
Exactly this!
06:40 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Tracy Gaulton
A
I wish I could make people understand that we can only make progress incrementally. And that Biden is an arguably more progressive president than Obama, who was one of the most progressive since Roosevelt. And that he's been trying to expand Obamacare so that it will be essentially Medicare For All.
09:44 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Tracy Gaulton
A
In response to Tracy Gaulton.
And the alternative is to go backwards. A 3rd party candidate is not going to win and magically make this country a liberal paradise - but if enough people vote 3rd party instead of Dem, we get a Repub. We have seen this too many times. Please, please, PLEASE learn this lesson already.
09:45 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Silver Smith
A
If you introduce a third party into this, and Trump happens to win..
Well, you probably won't be able to tell me how you like the world at that point, anyway.
09:15 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Maura
B
In response to Silver Smith.
Now that is the truth
09:38 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Talia T
A
Either a Republican or a Democrat will win the Presidency in 2024. Period, end of. So what you're *really* saying here, and believe me when I say everyone hears it clearly, is that you *do not care* about the damage to vulnerable Americans that has resulted, and will result, from your choices.
06:25 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Talia T.
And most likely you are a man, because women have been stripped of their human rights, which doesn't matter to YOU. Again, I wish I had a dollar for every person who said in 2016 that "the Supreme Court" wasn't a compelling reason to vote for a "neoliberal Wall Street shill" like Hillary.
10:50 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Sue Cohen
B
In response to Talia T.
Anyone who pisses away their vote picking an un-winnable third party loser might as well proclaim,
I'm a selfish jerk & only concerned about my feelings!
"Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good" & understand that 2024 is
Democracy vs GOP Fascism
#VoteBlueToSaveDemocracy
10:33 AM - Jul 05, 2023
dmark
A
Stein was the Candiate of Putin.
06:20 PM - Jul 04, 2023
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
Yeah, we can tell you how this worked out in 2010, 2014, and 2016. You know Biden cannot move unless he has a blue Congress right? Also are you purposely ignoring the pas two years of progress? If so you gotta educate yourself.
06:16 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Mc Crispy
A
She won, overall, by millions, but she lost the
presidency by only 11,000 (total) votes across 3 states.

So yes, it's the fault of third party voters, Bernie Bros, and the like, that we're currently where we are.

Take your privilege and stuff it, cause the majority of us don't have that option.
06:10 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Klobby L
A
In response to Mc Crispy.
The electoral college has got to go
09:34 PM - Jul 04, 2023
David James
A
In response to Mc Crispy.
But she wasn’t phoning around state governors, asking them to find those 11,000 votes!
09:37 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Debs
A
Third-party politics only works if you have preferential voting.
Otherwise it's minority rule.
06:07 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
You saw what this thinking did in 2016 and you still want to do it again. Unbelievable.

Yeah, the EC made Trump win-but that doesn't change the fact that its part of the current system, and we need enough votes to overcome that, and you can't just handwave that away to justify your "protest vote".
05:45 PM - Jul 04, 2023
dariasteigman
A
What exactly did Biden "waste" his time doing? Getting the economy humming? CHIPs? COVID relief? Infrastructure? Green investments?
05:37 PM - Jul 04, 2023
dariasteigman
A
In response to dariasteigman.
I am frustrated by Biden's stated caution, but his actions suggest he is far less "traditiinal" in how he has governed or what he might support (I e., SCOTUS expansion) if/when reelected.
05:41 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Grumble
A
It is a discussion to be had. A lot of people get frustrated when a farther-left candidate attracts more left-leaning voters, then the Democrats try to attract more centrist voters.

https://thehill.com/blogs/...
12:01 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Marvin Edmonds
B
In response to Grumble.
Thank you for respecting my ideas. Those states you mentioned, Sanders won two of them in the primaries. Most every poll I have seen indicates that he would have carried them against Trump in the general. Had Clinton not truncated her campaign schedule she may have carried them.
12:05 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Used ToBeGop
B
1. GOP contested Franken's election & Obama only had 72 days of supermajority, during which we got Obamacare. WOOHOO!
2. Until we all vote in lock step & Biden has House & Senate, he is also limited.
3. No one will ever get everything they want, but I am darn sure I want nothing that GOP wants.
11:20 AM - Jul 04, 2023
Marvin Edmonds
B
In response to Used ToBeGop.
I am glad Obamacare worked for you. I had Obamacare and I never found a doctor who honored it. So after eight months I dropped it. Not exactly a great success. Even so I respect your view point and I will express mine at the voting booth.
11:35 AM - Jul 04, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
Can't do that until the Greens vote with the Democrats in overwhelming numbers. There needs to be a Liberal-Progressive supermajority and to get THAT we got to out vote voter suppression
11:13 AM - Jul 04, 2023
Marvin Edmonds
B
In response to Salma Typhii.
The Greens don't have the numbers. Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million votes. The Greens has half of that. The Greens do have ideas which the Democrats tend to adopt after about ten years.
11:56 AM - Jul 04, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}