Adam Vadnais
A
I've worked in Social Media since around 2016. I had a Myspace page, and I even had a Friendster page. I've enjoyed cataloguing the differences in experience, in focus, and in the culture that builds up around certain platforms.

What is *ONE* thing that makes you return to Spoutible day after day?
09:36 PM - Aug 28, 2023
Cyndi Brown she/her
A
In response to Adam Vadnais.
The nice. I love the nice.
08:12 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Brian Nakamoto
A
#Spoutible is short-form like #Twitter but isn't a dumpster fire. My handle was also available; #FirstWave .😄I hope social media managers help make Spoutible worth their time. Perhaps that'll happen when there's advertisers. I think it'd be insightful to get more intellectual conservatives here too.
11:21 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Adam Vadnais
A
In response to Brian Nakamoto.
Handle availability is very very sweet.
11:48 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Indigo
A
The diversity and inclusivity. I can engage in almost any conversation on any topic that interests me on this platform and not feel like I'm an outsider or someone who's intruding somewhere I'm not wanted. It's so refreshing. Also, everyone here clearly cares about Spoutible and wants it to succeed.
08:30 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Kirk Taylor
A
If I have to pick just one reason, it would have to be the very cool people here. Chris Bouzy gets a lot of credit for that because of how he created interest for Spoutible while on X
08:20 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Matthew Warburton
A
The lack of reactionary crybabies getting a free pass on their volitile behaviour.
08:15 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Whoa!
A
No trolls.

No hate.

No "Follow me if blah blah blah."

The sense of community. The fun we all have. Everything I'm into is here. News, politics, music, photography, and subjects I didn't know I was into until they were introduced to me. ☺️
08:03 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Jessica (she/her)
A
I worked in social media from 2011 to 2021 (no idea what I’m doing now; I got tired of people practically asking for snake oil). I’m interested in seeing what really takes hold, here, as Spoutible takes off.
07:51 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Jasra - no DMs
A
The diversity 💙🐳
02:23 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Adam Vadnais
A
In response to Jasra - no DMs.
Would you be willing to elaborate? The diversity of... opinions? Backgrounds?
04:49 PM - Aug 29, 2023
RachelCobaltBlue
A
the terms of service are enforced , no bots, isms are not tolerated, safe social media is amazing
10:49 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Adam Vadnais
A
In response to RachelCobaltBlue.
this is the first time I've seen "safe social media" as a phrase, and it's honestly a fascinating goal. It also says so much about what people have had to put up with for a decade.
04:50 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Miss QuiteanAccount
A
It feels real. Every spout/response is/are not about going viral just authentic spouts & replies
10:25 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Adam Vadnais
A
In response to Miss QuiteanAccount.
Moira Rose, the Patron Saint of Social Media 😋
04:51 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Elektra 🖖
A
Safety. As a black woman who has been on the internet since chat rooms were a thing, posting anything, even something as innocent as a recipe could get you mocked or harassed. I have always loved nerdy things, but nerdy spaces haven’t always loved me back.
10:11 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Substantion_THEE_ Igra
B
The ppl using the platform who understand the assignment.
08:05 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Adam Vadnais
A
In response to Substantion_THEE_ Igra.
The assignment being "be an adult, and respect others"?
04:58 PM - Aug 29, 2023
James Toupin
A
The ability to get news and perspectives from people I trust without having to wade through a toxic cesspool that you find on other social media.
06:49 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Jodi B
A
IT'S NOT A HATE-FILLED, CESSPOOL
You can talk to people without insults or name calling. Spoutans are from different backgrounds, different cultures & have different interests. We teach, learn & support other. We have fun & "play" with the #WordCloud . We have Bodies of Water. 😉 And Canadians! 🥰
06:45 AM - Aug 29, 2023 (Edited)
Adam Vadnais
A
In response to Jodi B.
Shout out to @LakeLouise , the most Canadian of all bodies of water (sorry, @MightyStLawrence )
04:59 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Initially? Because it was a Muskrat-free alternative to Twitter.

Now? Because I've built up more followers, more people I'm following, and more engagement here than on any other social media.
05:41 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Adam Vadnais
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
See, this is really interesting. Do you do anything different on this platform than you have on other platforms?
05:03 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
Spoutible is a safe environment that enables spouters to more freely share important information.
04:33 AM - Aug 29, 2023
lawebchick ♿
A
Currently? It's the best of my choices

I have very high hopes, though I'm still feeling like a little bit like it's the Old Days of internet forums, which isn't ideal. Maybe I just haven't found my people yet, but I'm having trouble curating away from the cliques and in jokes
01:37 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Jodi B
A
In response to lawebchick ♿.
I see you're into gaming, You can start with #gaming and go from there. There's no algorithm, so you're only seeing posts from who you follow and what they echo. Go to Explore to see everything. You can Spout about the things you like and/or what you're looking for. Others will help you find it. 😊
07:01 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Finn Porter
A
Because it feels like the "old" Internet when it was mostly a supportive place that people used who understand netiquette.
01:20 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Jodi B
A
In response to Finn Porter.
This is a great answer. I agree 💯
06:24 AM - Aug 29, 2023
.sato
A
Curiosity about the development of this platform
01:18 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Hoi Pollois
A
People are genuinely nice here.

C. Bouzy is not a horrible person.

Voices of Black people are prominent and interesting.

The platform improves constantly.

Features have been designed w real ease of use in mind.

W/o underlying threat or tension, we are free 2b relaxed + emotionally expressive.
01:13 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Barbara Reid
A
In response to Hoi Pollois.
Nailed it!
07:48 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Joan Bennett
A
In response to Hoi Pollois.
Black Twitter and meteorological Twitter were the best twitters. Thank goodness I followed CBouzy and found Spoutible. It is special.
10:25 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Laura Vaughn
A
Civil discourse.
01:02 AM - Aug 29, 2023
nb.photo.bsud
A
The calm nature of Spouts from good people and not having to figure out the true motivations of what they may Spout. Spoutible is a good place. 🐳
12:29 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Michael J Sheridan
A
The management actually FOLLOW the announced policies against abuse, harassment, and the spread of misinformation.

Accounts engaging in said behavior get timeouts or permanent suspension quickly when activity is reported.
12:21 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Brad Lovett
A
Spouting classics! Very nice community
11:55 PM - Aug 28, 2023
mary_reeves
A
It's fun here and there's news and it's safe so spouts are less defensive and no algorithms so spouts are less outrageous - more conversational.
11:40 PM - Aug 28, 2023
Melanie Johnson-Moxley
A
The humanity. 🌿
11:33 PM - Aug 28, 2023
Jan| יעל Loose Joints
A
Community and no one is spouting coded antisemitism or any other hate speech. And smart funny people.
11:29 PM - Aug 28, 2023
Adam Vadnais
A
In response to Jan| יעל Loose Joints.
I’m glad you mentioned this. Do you have any insight on resources that study antisemitism on social media?
11:38 PM - Aug 28, 2023
Young Lesbian Dre
A
Online abuse & harassment of marginalized people are not tolerated. I report an abusive account, it's usually suspended. The community is good at sending up an emergency flair for problematic accounts.
11:24 PM - Aug 28, 2023
Josol
A
That we protect each other and our space. 💛
11:12 PM - Aug 28, 2023
Moonlight Ember (she/her)
A
There is genuine conversation here, and people are people, not out for algorithm farming.
11:10 PM - Aug 28, 2023

Only followers of this user (susanm) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}