Frank the Bunny
A
Not starting off my Friday with this ageist fuckery. I know people in their sixties, seventies, and eighties that are far more capable than you or I, take your bullshit bigotry somewhere else.

This spout was deleted.

10:51 AM - Nov 03, 2023
VergeClub
A
In response to Frank the Bunny.
What's this in response to?
08:30 PM - Nov 06, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to VergeClub.
Someone I blocked that I'm not going to unblock to get screenshots...just more "Biden is too old" shit.
08:36 PM - Nov 06, 2023
Miggs Bylaws
A
This is absolutely ageist. I think the frustration in it is born of the fact that people also equate age to wisdom, empathy, kindness, experience, & good judgment, & the opposite traits for younger candidates. People vote by what they deem safest, comforting. Which for millennials, hasn't been us.
02:18 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Miggs Bylaws
A
In response to Miggs Bylaws.
But we do see ourselves in the House and are starting to see ourselves more in the Senate. Millennials: Ages: 27 -42. I have also seen some Gen Z folks now serving in government which is exciting! Age should never be what determines your ability to lead, but if my age group, I might relate more.
02:22 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Madrigal Rose
A
These assholes are just perpetuating the MSM firehose of bullshit regarding age. Replace the word "elderly" with kleptocrat/oligarch and then we can talk. They really have nothing to say otherwise.
01:01 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Ann Werner
A
That meme is so WRONG! 👎️
12:50 PM - Nov 03, 2023 (Edited)
Lisse (she/her)
A
Age is not an indicator of ability. Older adults deserve the respect, understanding and consideration as any other person. Even more so. With age comes wisdom and experience. Those generations believed in hard work and dedication. We were taught to respect our elders and learn from them.
12:40 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Bev Turner
A
In response to Lisse (she/her).
Channeling your inner thug! Love it!
12:51 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
My wife endured Ageism from an instructor in a 3 month training program plus I was referred to as the “token male” and demeaned because I had an “entrepreneurial attitude”
12:03 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to Greg Dickson.
Such bullshit.
12:16 PM - Nov 03, 2023 (Edited)
Robyn Stewart
A
Why do they always have “humanitarian” or “progressive” in their bio? Seems like I’m having a block party today.
11:53 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Tricia
A
Reported for bigotry.
11:38 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Kos
A
A society that doesn't know how to honor its elders is a society that doesn't know itself.
11:28 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Katie E
A
In response to Kos.
And that says it all about western society.
11:59 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Joon Bugg
A
MGT - 49 Boobert - 30something, Santos — 30s? Hawley - 17?

Assholes are assholes no matter their ages.

It's time to rank people by their effectiveness at the job instead of ANY OTHER characteristic. When we do that, then we will function properly.
11:23 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Sean Miller
A
What I don't like is that elderly leaders won't have to live in the world they are creating for long.

My suggestion is to set an age limit for candidacy. Just like you can't run for president until you turn 35, disqualify anyone that will turn 72 during the term for which they are running.
11:18 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Sean Miller.
Why not just let their voters choose? After all, it us them being represented. Perhaps it is an Indigenous majority district where elders are valued, are you really saying they can't pick the leadership they want?
01:58 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Casey Wagner
A
In response to Sean Miller.
Funny how people getting mad at this never call it ageist when we tell 18 year olds they can go die in a war or go to an adult prison or take on crippling debt, but can't have a beer or serve in some political offices.
(I'm in my 50s. Mndatory retirement ages exist, and politics should have them)
02:19 PM - Nov 03, 2023
9Gen
A
Thank you, Frank. Approximately 17% of the people in the US are 65+. This shit hurts every single one of them, even those who won't admit it. 😔
11:15 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to 9Gen.
It's ridiculous, it's not like people magically lose all their experience and become morons just because they get older. I'm not asking our politicians to run a marathon, just put all those decades of learned knowledge to use. 💜
11:17 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
My Mom is in her 70's and she doesn't get upset very easily. The age criticisms.... She will go off. It's hurtful, and I think many elderly are wishing their minds and bodies would cooperate when they need it to. I'm only 50 and I'm constantly yelling at my body parts. 💜♾️
10:54 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to Miss Lil' Bit Angie.
There are days my body feels twenty or thirty years older. It's just a body. Our electeds are chosen for their minds anyway, not their physical prowess.
10:56 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Karen Springer
A
That one gets an instablock.
10:54 AM - Nov 03, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}