Frank the Bunny
A
Not starting off my Friday with this ageist fuckery. I know people in their sixties, seventies, and eighties that are far more capable than you or I, take your bullshit bigotry somewhere else.

This spout was deleted.

10:51 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Sean Miller
A
What I don't like is that elderly leaders won't have to live in the world they are creating for long.

My suggestion is to set an age limit for candidacy. Just like you can't run for president until you turn 35, disqualify anyone that will turn 72 during the term for which they are running.
In response to Frank the Bunny.
11:18 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Casey Wagner
A
In response to Sean Miller.
Funny how people getting mad at this never call it ageist when we tell 18 year olds they can go die in a war or go to an adult prison or take on crippling debt, but can't have a beer or serve in some political offices.
(I'm in my 50s. Mndatory retirement ages exist, and politics should have them)
02:19 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Casey Wagner
A
In response to Casey Wagner.
Although there's a happy medium that should be in place already that has no age limits.
Making the term "career politician" an oxymoron.
Let someone serve at any age of majority, but never more than two terms at any level of state or federal government.
02:30 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
Why not just let their voters choose? After all, it us them being represented. Perhaps it is an Indigenous majority district where elders are valued, are you really saying they can't pick the leadership they want?
01:58 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Ignatz .
A
I'm 65, and I KNOW that I know more than I did when I was 35.
01:58 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Sonya Baker
A
Honest , free and fair elections serve that purpose.
01:12 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
And yet- President Biden has done more for young people AND their future than any president has in decades. How ‘bout that student loan forgiveness ? Repugs tried to tear it down & he worked around to relieve EVEN MORE of it. You don’t learn how to do that shit without a lifetime of experience.
01:08 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Madrigal Rose
A
Stop spreading this bullshit. Not buying it. If you really cared, you would be talking about who has actually been doing the damage for decades, who authored Reagan's "bright ideas" and implemented them. Who REALLY got us here. If you don't know, then STFU.
01:05 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Pro-Science Establishment Dem
B
None of us will for crissakes. I'm sick of this ageist horseshit. If you want the torch passed, build your bench or shut the fuck up.
01:04 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Karen Springer
A
"Life expectancy in the America of 1787 is about 38 years for a white male.", according to Google. That means that you couldn't even run for president, until you were already considered old.
12:19 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Sean Miller
A
In response to Karen Springer.
I believe that was average life expectancy, mainly due to the high infant mortality rate. If you survived past childhood it was normal to live into your 70's.
01:01 PM - Nov 03, 2023
TheLadyRed
A
sounds pretty agesist, especially if you were born in 1966. 🙄🙄🙄
12:03 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Adele Not the singer
A
Maybe we need to raise the voting age to 35, and demand that everyone pass a civics exam before casting their ballots 🙄
Way too many young people have no idea how government works (including some elected officials)
12:01 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Sally O'Malley
A
In response to Adele Not the singer.
Thag isn't an age thing I'm afraid.
04:28 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Merci Merci Me
A
Youngsters should definitely be part of the conversation but many of them can't get themselves to work without "school busses" that take them to the door of the job. Also lots of old folks are made homeless from evictions so youngins can live in a cool city. Doesn't sound like good governing to me.
11:59 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Myra Faye Turner
A
Life isn't promised to anyone. Young folks die too.
11:47 AM - Nov 03, 2023

Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

Linda Eisenstein
A
I understand your frustration but it isn't age, it's ideology. Young grifters like MT Green & the new MAGA SotH are happy to see the world burn, while elder state people like Biden & Rep Pelosi fight for future generations. Vote for Dems - make that your litmus test, not age.
11:38 AM - Nov 03, 2023 (Edited)
Later
A
I’m fine with this as long as they raise the voting age to sixty.
11:38 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Liz Adams
A
That's a cruelly selfish viewpoint. I'm in my late eighties and I care deeply for the younger generation. I fight for them, not for me.
11:35 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Dorothy P
A
We already have term limits. They’re called elections. I’m not going to waste time explaining why your ageist bullshit is offensive and wrong. I’m just going to ask how old are Lauren Boebert, MTG, George Santos, Mike Johnson, Matt Gaetz… if age is your only concern. @ZomBunnyFrank
11:33 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
This attitude isn't just ageist – it reveals a selfishness that's all too common with people across the ideological spectrum. To imagine that people only care about things that directly affect themselves is the epitome of selfishness.
11:28 AM - Nov 03, 2023
9Gen
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Was just trying to formulate a spout that went in this direction so thank you. Best I could come up with was full of pain, anger, frustration, and lots of cursing.

Like, do they really think everyone over 65 is a blithering idiot MAGAt who never votes for anyone but their golden pig?
12:02 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Kos
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
12:06 PM - Nov 03, 2023
eanybean
A
This assumes that everyone serves motives that go no further than themselves. I choose to believe that most of humanity is not shackled by that thinking, and highly motivated to make the world better for those that follow on, if they have the power to do that.
11:27 AM - Nov 03, 2023

Only followers of this user (beec4240) can see their posts

Isa-Lee Wolf
A
You would have to amend the Constitution.

Clearly the framers considered age as they set minimum ages, but no maximum.

In this age of instant information, people tend to believe they know more than they do, but experience matters, especially in a volatile world.
11:27 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Calypso Rising
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
I’ve also noticed there are a whole lot of youngish people who want to start at the top. Government is not a game. Nor is it something anyone can do. It takes skill, diplomacy, knowledge of the systems and people in play - I.e., experience.
12:21 PM - Nov 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}