Ellie Byrd
A
thread 1/4
So being trans I have a lot of issues and problems around feeling inequal to cisgendered women. Like I've been struggling greatly with this......and for part of today I felt absolutely heartbroken because I kept seeing "you may be a woman if..." and I kept wanting to echo or quote them.....but I kep
04:11 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Ellie Byrd
A
thread 2/4
I kept stopping myself....I was stopping myself because I kept heating an old voice in the back of my head, "but you're not a woman. You're trans! Your a man pretending to be a woman!! You can piss in a jar and call it grandpa's moonshine, but that won't change it bein a jar of piss." Something that
Ellie Byrd
A
thread 3/4
Was repeated to me over and over and over. So for a long time today I kept being beaten down by ghosts of trauma past and I actually started to get upset feeling like the universe was throwing it in my face that I'm not as good as biological women and I'm not really a woman....but I'm trying to loo
Ellie Byrd
A
thread 4/4
Look at it different. Like I related to almost everything I saw that said, "you might be a woman if..." because all of that happened to me! My experiences are of a woman more or less! So I'm not any better or worse than a woman because I was a woman!!!! I'm crying now lol I love all of yall!!!
Danalibrariana
A
In response to Ellie Byrd.
You are a woman and I’m so glad you added your voice to this forum and discussion. That make me happy. It sucks that you have experienced the same mysoginistic crap so many women have experienced. That makes me angry. We have the love and support of each other here. That makes me hopeful. 💙
10:06 AM - Jan 12, 2024
Ellie Byrd
A
In response to Danalibrariana.
Thank you so so much!! It is wicked shitty that so many of us have to deal with this misogynistic bullshit...but we have one support and a sisterhood to fall back on!!
10:49 AM - Jan 12, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
You are a woman if you struggle with doubt and belongingness and have courage to say so.
11:39 PM - Jan 11, 2024
just alex
A
Sis. Next time jump right in.
☺️
08:27 PM - Jan 11, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
07:10 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Madeleine
A
Of course you’re a woman! Join in! We’ve all been through this shit.
07:07 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Ginger Ninja
A
*chants* One of us! One of us!
06:41 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Ellie Byrd
A
In response to Ginger Ninja.
Gotta love a good Freaks reference!! Trippy movie I tell ya what
06:44 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Janet aka April
A
I am so sorry you felt like this today. Thank you for speaking your truth. You are loved. 🥰
06:36 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Claudia Citro
A
You are us.
06:27 PM - Jan 11, 2024

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
💜♾️🫂💪
06:12 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Katie Kadwell
A
♥️ You are a woman! ♥️
05:59 PM - Jan 11, 2024
MariMarina (she/her)
A
[gif: ghost hug]
05:44 PM - Jan 11, 2024
DragonM
A
Every experience you’ve had reaffirms your womanhood, including the doubts, misogyny and reaffirmations.
You are one of us! We stand together, cry together and protect one another.
Snuggle up in these arms encircling you.
We need your voice at the table!
Hush the voices of doubt & have a cuppa
💞☕️
05:44 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Chris Young (he/his/him)
A
You're 100% woman! And we 100% support you! Nothing but mad respect for living your authentic life!!

You're very brave in a world that's still so backward. And we're here for you.
05:38 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Lisa Moorman
A
I will not pretend to know your struggle. But I do know what it is like to be “othered” within a community of women. I am a Black woman, and in my past that intersectionality was not always welcome. I just want to welcome you. I want to hear your voice.
05:20 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Phred
A
Ellie - when I read the ‘Community Rules and Policies’, it’s crystal clear just how important you are to the Spoutible community. Plus all these comments! You are loved and you are supported. ❤️
05:06 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Ellie Byrd
A
In response to Phred.
This outpouring of love a care and community is absolutely astonishing!! This is like the coolest thing that has happened to me in a while!!
05:12 PM - Jan 11, 2024
9Gen
A
🫂❤️❤️❤️
05:06 PM - Jan 11, 2024
GRANDma isn't Right
A
You are YOU, absolutely perfect the way you identify.
You should spout what you like here; you are loved and supported.
04:52 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
Ellie, you are amazing! Thank you for sharing and for helping me (and others I'm sure) understand your emotional battle. You are loved here for the woman you are and we are here to affirm you whenever you need. 💗💗💗
04:45 PM - Jan 11, 2024
RachelCobaltBlue
A
💜
Be yourself you are divine right now the way you are. You are included among women. Only you know who you are mentally, physically, emotionally. I know it's not easy to let the negative self talk go, you can do it gradually or at least start letting it go without paying attention to it.
04:44 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Ellie Byrd
A
In response to RachelCobaltBlue.
It is so difficult but I am trying...some days are just a little better than others
04:45 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Meg Smythe
A
You might be a woman if you’re always hearing society’s voices in your head admonishing “you’d be a better woman if…

Ellie, your voices sound like my voices just with different words.

Pull up a pillow and curl up with your sisters.
04:42 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Caniac Vyronyka Spouts
A
You are a woman and your experiences are so important. I’m sorry those words bring up bad thoughts & feelings and we are here to support you fully, as a woman, so please share. 💖
04:42 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Margo Green
A
Never ever underestimate yourself. You are a woman because you chose to be, which in and of itself is amazing and wonderful. And you're experiences are just a valid as mine. In some ways perhaps more so.
04:41 PM - Jan 11, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
Before I learned more, all that terf stuff was my understanding, too. Societal conditioning is real! Sorry you've gone through these things, and worse. No 2 ciswomen are alike - why should we compare transwomen either? Please stand on your experiences. My job is to listen, learn, and support.
04:39 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Kay Emell
A
Ellie, you are a woman. We all experience womanhood differently. If ever you need affirmation or reassurance, we are with you. We are your sisters, and you are ours.
04:36 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Evolve Undefined
A
You most certainly ARE a woman, you belong and you deserve to feel and be validated every hurtful thing any woman might feel in this world. I know that sounds odd, I don't' want any of us to have to experience misogyny and sexism- but we do and you are one of us !!!
04:36 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Strohcat
A
You ARE part of the sisterhood!!! Spout away! We got you!
04:31 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Diana
A
You are a woman and your experiences are just as valid as anyone else's here!
04:28 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Rebecca
A
Oh yeah you are!
04:27 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Char
A
Girl, yes! You are every bit as much of a woman as any of us!

Not to take away from your experience, I know some people want to 'other' people at any opportunity and that is damaging.

But I want you to know that there are *tons* of us that support trans women! #WomenSupportingAllWomen #Inclusion
04:25 PM - Jan 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}