Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. I have seen a lot of comments on other platforms, and would like to start an open discussion here.
The Asian Feminist @theasianfmnst
Spain's World Cup-winning women footballers refuse to play until federation boss who kissed player, quits
Jenni Hermoso says "in no moment" did she consent to a kiss from the country's football federation president Luis Rubiales. #GBV
08:10 AM - Aug 26, 2023
08:26 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
Here is a video clip of the kiss.
08:28 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Lisa
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
To get that many teammates to agree to not play tells me everything. You don't just go and risk your career as a player in a move like this unless you have good reason. Honestly, props.
07:33 AM - Aug 27, 2023
Jeanne Gustafson
A
Often when someone does something wildly inappropriate, especially in public, you're often too shocked to react immediately. That doesn't make what they did appropriate. Imo
08:50 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Donna Jones
B
As a woman & a mother of two daughters, this kiss crossed the line. Is it part of the culture? I don’t know. But, if the young girl FELT uncomfortable with the kiss on the lips, then it’s wrong.

And those people who are claiming it’s a cultural thing, how do the feel about the creepy uncle kiss?
07:10 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
He crossed a boundary, period. The hug was more than enough. I've read his remorseless explanation about feeling HE'S the victim & how he kisses his own daughters that way. It smacks of the toxicity of patriarchy. Too many men still feel they can touch us in any way they want without consequences.
03:58 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Diana Beach
A
In response to Bowerydoll.
Exactly. Men need to get past this idea that they can put their hands and mouths all over women without invitation and that it’s okay if they think it’s fatherly.
06:52 PM - Aug 26, 2023

Only followers of this user (mxmnull) can see their posts

O Aguabonita
A
03:50 PM - Aug 26, 2023
O Aguabonita
A
In response to O Aguabonita.
03:51 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Young Lesbian Dre
A
Keep your hands to yourself to avoid violence from me to you...
03:43 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
To the "It's culture" types: Just because a practice is commonplace does not make it less toxic or less harmful. Too many toxic things have been chalked up as Filipino Culture. It's gaslighting the harmed to write it off on culture.
03:28 PM - Aug 26, 2023 (Edited)
Terminator LX
A
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
True, but you can’t expect all cultures to be where yours is on anything. You can try to help them evolve to a more civilized POV, but you can’t expect them to have the exact same manners and mores that you have. Hell, our culture didn’t always see that as assault. We had to evolve to this point.
05:13 PM - Aug 26, 2023
SirMikeAlot
A
Before I knew who this guy was and his role, I was floored by the way he embraced, lifted and kissed most, if not all, of the ladies as they made their way to him. I wondered if they were that friendly with him, was it a culture thing or was he abusing his power. Now we know it was the latter.
03:27 PM - Aug 26, 2023
SirMikeAlot
A
In response to SirMikeAlot.
The ladies played amazingly calm, controlled, beautiful soccer/futbol. Their passing and ball control was better than any team, men's or women's, that I've ever seen. I already miss watching them play. I've watched the replay of their final match w/ Eng any chance I can. Their skills are true art.
03:36 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Mary ♿ Cairns
A
If she had punched or kneed him, both of which I have done over unwanted touches, she probably would have been fired. With the way FA is threatening to sue her over lying they probably would have tried to get her arrested for assaulting that poor innocent man. He should be fired.
03:27 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Dıanna
A
In response to Mary ♿ Cairns.
Watching the video, I'd like to believe I'd have kneed him hard, though I probably would have been stunned into inaction.
Would she really have been disciplined for that?
Why??
03:39 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Julia@myollieBarradise1
B
In response to Mary ♿ Cairns.
If he's now suspended and going to prove his innocence, my question is how's he going to do that when the whole world saw what happened, blaming the girls is just the easy way out, he caused this whole situation, the girls have a right to call this out what it was....
04:19 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Perchance to Read
A
The entitlement is *infuriating*. This is atrociously infuriating, horrid, putrid behavior. Disgusting to PUT ONE'S MOUTH on someone who didn't ask one to. So much sexism in the intersectionality of the power imbalance and him daring this.
03:22 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Mary Ellen Kratt
A
Is it a power thing? I would include that also.
03:18 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
If a boycott is what it takes to get that asshole out of there, I'm all for it.
02:03 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Susan A. Kitchens
A
Rolling my eyes at how Rubiales magnifies an everyday misogyny moment to eclipse all else.

He’s taken his nation’s victory and made it all about himself
He’s taken the champion women team’s victory and made it all about himself

The unrelenting entitlement!

https://spoutible.com/thread/15911826
01:49 PM - Aug 26, 2023
E Z
A
Entitled, antiquated, unevolved, same same same bullshit as it ever was.
And it’s beyond time for sea-change.
01:32 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Gonzai
A
It's surprising to me that his actions *before* the kiss - specifically grabbing his crotch in front of the queen and her daughter - are being glossed over. Being that gross - to the queen, for crying out loud - should be a pretty good indicator of his character. And it's not good.
12:07 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Vaughn Hilton
A
This is a good time to talk about stop telling your children to give "whoever" a kiss. It gives litte boys the idea it's okay and gives little girls the idea its expected. Boundaries need to be taught early. And yes, dude needs to go!
11:59 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Cow on a Keyboard Playing Starfield
A
In response to Vaughn Hilton.
I vividly remember as a little boy having my grandmother grab me and say "Give grandma a kiss" and I'd never want to, I'd be pushing away and she'd kiss me anyway. Like, I guess I'm supposed to ignore people when they say no.

Kinda explains rape culture apologia when we're raised this way.
12:21 PM - Aug 26, 2023
BLS Is tired of the BS
A
An unwanted kiss is just that, unwanted. It's assault. Period.
11:22 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
Luis Rubiales/Spain coaches were confronted before, and nothing was done, so a new set of players was acquired...another abuse of power happened, again people are outraged by an old man taking liberties, these ladies have the win in the World cup may they acquire the win in their pursuit of justice.
11:04 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
In response to Angelique Yaich.
02:17 PM - Aug 26, 2023

Only followers of this user (Cderbie233) can see their posts

Pam Sourelis
A
In response to Carmen Derbedrossian.
Unless it's your partner???
01:54 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
The team's response seems very appropriate.

Amidst the widespread expressions of (valid, always) feelings, maybe someone will suggest that he get some help/counseling.
#UnderstandingIsNotCondoning
10:47 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
I don't give one fuck about him and his twisted sense of superiority.
01:55 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Petol Weekes
A
How toxic is Spain's Football Federation?👇🏾

"Spain’s football federation has threatened to take legal action against one of the country’s star players, Jennifer Hermoso, accusing her of lying about being kissed by federation president Luis Rubiales."
10:47 AM - Aug 26, 2023
PS Annie
A
My thoughts are: I realize that cultures differ regarding kissing on the lips, but consent is consent.
- listen to women

I'm outraged the the players are not getting more support within FIFA. Not surprised but outraged.
10:39 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Kathleen Kern
A
I was angered that CNN this morning, titled it as a “kiss controversy“. A man, forcing a kiss on a woman is not cute. It is not a “did she or didn’t she” moment.
10:33 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Carol Lovely
A
In response to Kathleen Kern.
Sad but that is the CNN of today
11:08 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
In response to Kathleen Kern.
Of course they did.
01:55 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Thomas Liljeruhm
A
I can see how your Spout confused people...

I've sadly seen too many Spoutible users (often older women) downplaying the kiss/assault.

One said the kiss itself wasn't the issue (only the fact that the player didn't like it (?) and that men kissing women on the lips is common in some cultures (?).
10:28 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Thomas Liljeruhm
A
In response to Thomas Liljeruhm.
6 days ago, just after the World Cup final.

Then she wrote that men from different cultures have kissed her on the mouth as part of their culture. And that I don't understand since I'm not a woman and we should agree to disagree.

I said "sure" and added that we live in 2023.

Then she blocked me
11:13 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
It may be common. It's still assault.
01:56 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Terminator LX
A
It doesn’t look like he means anything by it in the video, so he doesn’t need to be fired RN. BUT, he needs to learn that’s inappropriate. He should be informed of that, made to apologize, possibly fined, & definitely fired if he does anything like that again. Demanding he be fired RN is too much.
10:25 AM - Aug 26, 2023
PS Annie
A
In response to Terminator LX.
If she says she did not consent to being kissed on the mouth and he did it anyway, that's sexual assault. Period.
10:45 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
In response to Terminator LX.
He doesn't mean anything by assaulting a woman? Please take a breath and think about what you are saying.
01:58 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Thomas Liljeruhm
A
The Spanish soccer president should of course be fired/canceled by both the Spanish and the FIFA federations. And face possible changes on top of that.
I can't stand men like him.
10:24 AM - Aug 26, 2023
PS Annie
A
He got a standing ovation for a sexist joke at the last meeting of the Spanish FA. That's unlikely.
10:46 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Andi Pandi
A
Soccer can manage just fine with one less creep around. He needs to go.
10:20 AM - Aug 26, 2023
jim Novak
A
Definitely crossed the line with grabbing her head and forcing a kiss on the lips. Profuse apologies are in order instead of the defense of his actions.
10:12 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Remember Gea
A
Calm down loves💜. @cbouzy is only asking for a conversation on the topic. Nothing to lash out about. He’s not saying he agrees with that sexual predator. He’s just wanting an intelligent back and forth on it. Be kind. If in doubt, ask him directly. That’s the adult thing to do🤷🏽‍♀️🤗💜
10:07 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Dipti Paudel
A
Because I need reading glasses to see things clearly on my phone, I originally thought the federation boss was kissing another man. I guess that also speaks to my ingrained bias. This is even worse and I can't believe the audacity of him to do this!
09:56 AM - Aug 26, 2023
J MurchPond
A
In response to Dipti Paudel.
Why is this even worse? No one should be subjected to an assault, regardless of gender.
02:18 PM - Aug 26, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}